What's involved with this role:
Interim Programme Office Support - PSR1JP00026752 Pay Rate: Up to £440 per day pay range, subject to IR35 status A Defence Digital Programme Delivery team is seeking a suitable experienced and skilled Programme Office Manager to operate within a Project Support Office (PSO) team in assisting with the delivery of ICT Project across Defence which is transforming ageing legacy systems into layered services thus providing a more joined up ways of working for the MOD community. Specific responsibilities through the life of the Programme include:
- Monitoring overall progress and use of resources, and initiation of corrective action where necessary, to keep the projects to deliver the ISS IntSys programme within tolerance. Assurance of supplier project, and installation plans, and contributing to maintenance of agreed joint (contractor, user and ISS) plans;
- Supporting progress reporting, and maintenance of stakeholder engagement, in line with agreed Governance arrangements. Maintaining Project level Issue logs and Risk registers and supporting the Risk Management process within the team.
- Providing an information management capability relating to all project functions and documentation, to promote its usage within the team and provide MIS to support decision making/escalations. Supported by ISS Finance Staff, develop and maintain project level financial forecasting/IYM for projects and services. Producing business cases to support resource requirements.
- Oversight of the Building Management, Health and Safety and Security Services in support of current and new project requirements.
- Provide assistance with the preparation and delivery of technical briefs, status reports, chairing meetings and taking minutes/notes
- Management of a diverse range of stakeholders
This position is currently located at Swindon but is scheduled to move to Corsham during the contract period Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for. “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
- Additional Requirements:
- DV - security clearance
- Sole UK Nationals only
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via email@example.com but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below: Job Ref: PSR1JP00026752 Anticipated Length of Assignment:
Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent. Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed. Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs. Important
: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.