Hobson Prior are looking for a Translational Medicine Physician to join a world-wide biopharma organisation who are focused on changing the lives of patients living with severe diseases. The role will be located in Slough, UK or Braine, Belgium.
- You will provide clinical leadership at all stages of project progression from target selection through to PoC.
- Following candidate selection and through early clinical development this may will be via the role of Clinical Subteam leadership or study physician.
- Work together with other key lines (eg Research, SSI, Development Sciences/QCP, GCSO, Regulatory) to ensure all clinical aspects of the development plan are of high quality.
- Ensure alignment of early clinical strategy and decision criteria with objective criteria within the TPVP, enabling seamless transition post-PoC to late phase development.
- Represent as the study physician for project clinical studies (phase I-IIa, as well as relevant Translational Medicine studies). This will include design and protocol authoring, medical input and writing of sections of key documents (protocol, regulatory, IB) to study operational set-up procedures and regulatory interactions, medical oversight/monitoring of studies, results interpretation and presentation.
- Ensure clinical/medical feasibility of study protocols.
- Strong drive to initiate and apply innovative approaches to early drug development.
- Ability to deliver projects of high quality, to time and on budget.
- Can communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders including project team members, senior management, key opinion leaders and regulatory agencies.
- Inclusive, enthusiastic and collegiate approach enabling high quality performance in a matrix environment.
- You will be a registered medical doctor (preferably with MD or PhD post-graduate qualification, or equivalent).
- Previous experience in early drug development either as PI/sub-PI in external clinical trials as a practicing clinician or gained via industry roles.
- Proven track record of successful leadership of and contribution to clinical/scientific projects.
- Demonstrable knowledge of and strong aptitude for early clinical drug development.
- Demonstrate good understanding of research principles and technologies underpinning pre-clinical drug development.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity then please click "Apply" and upload a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist directly, please select "Contact me" at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.