Group Treasury Analyst
We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious Group Treasury Analyst to join our Treasury Team located in Milton Keynes. The role offers a unique opportunity for an individual with a finance background to further their treasury experience and to study for the AMCT qualification
The Treasury Team is responsible for efficient financing of the Group through a variety of funding programmes and cash management activities. Group Treasury support the ongoing management and arrangement of all Group facilities which include retail bonds, term loan, revolving credit, bilateral and ancillary guarantees with banks and/or surety, invoice discounting, operational banking, finance/operating leases, in addition to the management of key market risks such as interest rate, foreign exchange, and commodity risk through the execution of derivatives.
Over the past 3 years, Group treasury activities have been migrated from a decentralised model to a centralised model as part of the post-merger finance transformation. The Group Treasury Analyst will be a key member of the Group Treasury Function with responsibility for embedding and improving treasury operations with the support from an experienced Group Treasury team.
The Analyst will support the treasury team on strategic projects to manage risk, ensure the group is funded appropriately, implementing the Group’s Treasury policies, establishing and maintaining the treasury reporting and driving the efficiency and continuous improvement of Group Treasury.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Objective to minimise idle cash and also ensure funding is available when and where required
- Timely and accurate reporting and forecasting of the Group’s cash positioning on a daily basis
- Compilation of the Group cash forecast and improving the accuracy of the business submissions
- Establish and maintain daily, weekly, monthly standard reporting and other ad-hoc reporting as required
- Supporting with various strategic treasury related projects.
- Point of contact for the business, ensuring that appropriate support is provided and queries are escalated appropriately
- Maintain strong relationships with key members of Group Finance, Group Tax, Group Legal, Divisional Finance, IT and shared service centres
- Build strong relationships with our banking and surety partners
- Day to day treasury operations
- Progression with treasury qualifications
Skills and Experience Required:
- Qualified to degree level
- Experience in a finance or treasury role, ideally within a large international company
- Excellent communication skills with ability to build relationships internally and externally, with a range of seniorities
- Clear attention to detail, and a passion to maintain the integrity of the records
- Analytical by nature with strong problem solving skills and abilities along with the confidence and judgement demanded by a treasury role
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment, with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Continuous improvement approach to processes and outputs
- Strong, focused and determined – able to work to challenging deadlines
- Languages: English, and Dutch an advantage but not essential
- The role will include occasional travel to the Netherlands and Belgium.
Renewi is a leading waste to product company that gives new life to used materials every day. We have more than 6,000 employees working at 174 operating sites across Europe. Our extensive operational network means we are always close to our customers.
For Renewi, waste is a state of mind, and an opportunity. Our many years of knowledge and experience, combined with a broad range of services, allow us to offer sustainable, practical recycling solutions. We use innovation and the latest technology to turn waste into useful materials such as paper, metal, plastic, glass, wood, building materials, compost and energy. In other words, we turn today’s waste into tomorrow’s raw materials. The result of our work is less waste and contamination, a smarter use of scarce raw materials, and a reduction in carbon emissions. This means that we are contributing towards a cleaner, circular world in which we “waste no more”.
Renewi was created in 2017, following the merger of Shanks Group plc with Van Gansewinkel Groep BV, and is listed on the London Stock Exchange and Euronext Amsterdam.
Location: Milton Keynes
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
You may have experience of the following: Treasury, Treasury Accounting, Treasury Liquidity, Finance Analyst, Financial Analyst, Treasury Management, AMCT, ACT, etc.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90744287