***Solution Architect - Contract - Remote/Selby***
6 Month rolling Contract
£Competitive pwd Ltd Company
The Solution Architect is responsible for the development of the end to end Solution Architecture and Design, to help form, articulate and execute technology strategies at a Group and Company level. This encompasses applications, services, data and infrastructure, and the definition of how these components and services are integrated to support end to end business scenarios and processes. The role includes contributing to running of the Technical Design Authority, the current and future roadmap of technology and application solutions that impact DPL.
The Solution Architect is a key decision maker in the selection and delivery of the large and/or complex projects either developed internally/externally or using third party procured products. The Lead Architect subsequently owns the selected technology solutions including; development languages and frameworks, enterprise technology products and services, SaaS solutions, cloud infrastructure and platform services, web and mobile technologies, network, telephony and communications infrastructure. They ensure that technology solutions meet the business non-functional requirements for performance, scalability, security, maintainability for both short term and long term.
- Define and develop the underlying technical architecture for business processes.
- Ensure alignment with strategic direction and recognized industry best practices.
- Ensure that the technology roadmap remains consistent with business strategy and relevant trending technology.
- Ensures that technology solutions meet business objectives, scenarios and end to end process requirements.
- Ensures that technology solutions meet non-functional requirements for performance, scalability, security, maintainability.
- Leads the technical delivery team to design, estimate, implement, test, and support the product to deliver measurable performance improved solutions.
- Provides competence and skills to secure successful engagement with the customer from solutions and delivery perspective.
- Regularly interacts with the business to assess satisfaction and identify follow-up education opportunities.
- Leads the development of viable business cases and value propositions, ensuring the solution(s) meet both near term and long-term business and IT objectives.
- Contributes to the technical design authority
- Identifies opportunities for innovation, implementation options (technology, supplier, process) and delivering actionable solution architecture designs, to enable the delivery within the IT roadmap.
- Contributes to the review and selection of new tools as required in the space (but not limited to) BI Tools and Services for data integration, ETL, analysis, visualization, algorithm development, machine learning and AI.
- Ensure all technology solutions are commercially viable and deliver business value appropriate the cost. Ensure these solutions can be implemented and operated within CAPEX and OPEX budget constraints.
- Engagement with business stakeholders, from Leadership Team to Operations Managers and Users/consumers of data and BI services.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
- Deep technical experience across a range of technologies and platforms.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving capability.
- Demonstrates strong business minded consultative approach with focus on profitability, margin & risk.
- Experience in implementing cloud infrastructure and platforms services - Azure or AWS.
- Strong experience in best practise IT architectures, frameworks, processes & notation including principles of SOA and micro services.
- Understanding of data integration, ETL, data warehouse and BI technologies including - SSIS, SSAS and SQL Server.
- Commercially minded, able to maximize value from existing and new technology & delivery partners.
- Experience of working with in-house, near-shore and off-shore delivery teams.
- Ability to demonstrate thought leadership.
- Performance driven nature.
- Experience in leadership and managing and motivating a team of architects.
- Extensive experience in IT disciplines, with at least 5 years in Architecture
- Architecture certification (TOGAF).
- Experience of EA modelling tools (preferred Sparx EA).
- Experience of delivering end-to-end designs of large projects, and technically leading the development and delivery teams in getting the design through to production
TO APPLY - PLEASE REPLY TO THIS EMAIL WITH AN UP TO DATE CV
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly. Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.