What's involved with this role:
The Peoples Transport Commissioning, Contracts and Quality Assurance Service requires a Transport Contracts Officer to provide high quality contract management of its commissioned transport services. You will be expected to ensure that transport contracts operating to transport the most vulnerable residents operate to legal, safe and contractually compliant standards. The postholder will also be responsible for both programmed and ad hoc checks on contracts for compliance, taking the appropriate contractual action where needed. Key responsibilities:
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for. “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Ensure effective contract management systems are in place to monitor, evaluate and ensure that transport activities are in keeping with health & safety, operational standards, legal requirements and contractual specification
- Provide service specific expertise to contractual matters and disputes and where necessary highlight potential significant issues and disputes to the Contracts Officer
- Provide legislative and technical advice to ensure that transport resources are procured and / or provided in a safe, legal and efficient manner in keeping with Council policies
- Draft contract change notices, variations, warning and termination notices as required
- Develop and manage effective partnership and liaison frameworks with internal and external stakeholders including public and client services, and service users
- Manage the most cost effective use of transport activities, whether procured or directly provided to ensure best value
- Develop and maintain expert market intelligence, networks, and specialist knowledge to ensure that arrangements continually reflect best practice, market and technological developments in order to deliver Best Value
- Liaise with Performance and Support Officers to validate and substantiate performance reports highlighting any key issues to the contract manager
- Co-ordinate the production and evaluation of transport related performance management information in support of effective Service Level Agreements and contract management
- Supervise, support and develop the performance and support officers to ensure that contract supervision is maintained on all relevant contracts and contract compliance is achieved
- Manage the regular review and development of business processes and related systems (including ICT systems) to ensure they directly contribute to service provision in the most effective manner possible.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Full Driving Licence.
- Degree level or equivalent.
- Transport qualification (desirable).
- Membership of CILT (desirable).
- Project Management (desirable).
- Knowledge & Skills:
- Good communication, written and oral skills.
- Ability to analyse a wide range of information and data to inform actions/decisions.
- Knowledge of legal aspects of contract management (desirable).
- Report writing and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of concepts and models re performance monitoring of contracts (desirable).
- Contract management and procurement experience.
- Budget management experience.
- Proven track record of successful partnership working.
- Experience of managing people.
- Evidence of applying negotiating skills within a commercial environment (desirable).
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages.
- Any local authority/public sector experience.
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via firstname.lastname@example.org but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below: Job Ref: Cheshire W 5127357 Anticipated Length of Assignment:
Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent. Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed. Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs. Important
: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.