What's involved with this role:
Please state pay expectation clearly on your CV. In order to ensure implementation of a successful Covid 19 Outbreak Management plan, the Principal Public Health Analyst will be responsible for the daily review of relevant intelligence to understand if there are local increases, within settings or particular geographical areas. The role will be required to oversee monitoring of data flows relating to early warning and detection, prevention, management and control of the disease within different settings and communities, to support work around vulnerable people, inequalities and recovery, and links to existing ICS structures around research and intelligence such as R4G. Key responsibilities:
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for. “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Lead responsibility and act as a specialist advisor for public health intelligence
- Engage with stakeholders to understand application of data/operational requirements and develop solutions
- Define and develop data collection processes in order to monitor key metrics
- Deputise for the Strategic Intelligence Manager and supervise team members as required
- Represent the Council in regional intelligence networks and network regionally and nationally, sharing learning and developing local resources
- Lead on population health analytics with reach across the integrated care system
- Undertake and support others to analyse interpret trends in disease incidence, mortality and survival, particularly with regard to socioeconomic deprivation
- Undertake initial investigation of exceedances in cases
- Lead and support the development of public facing information
- Manage projects to support the achievement of Public Health Objectives.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Related higher degree-level qualification or equivalent experience.
- Post graduate qualification in Health Economics or Statistics (desirable).
- Knowledge & Skills:
- Good knowledge and understanding of specialist public health practice.
- Specialist knowledge and understanding of epidemiological and demographic information and statistics.
- Data management and understanding of data structures.
- Knowledge of GIS and social marketing tools e.g. ACORN and/or MOSAIC.
- Strong Project and Programme Management skills.
- Highly self-motivated, determined and committed to high standards.
- Strong leadership and ability to influence and motivate others.
- Collaborative approach and willingness to involve others in the design and development of work products.
- Ability to work autonomously and to tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Substantial knowledge of epidemiology, statistics and public health intelligence and experience of providing solutions to a range of complex population health queries.
- Experience of Public Health analytics including age standardisations, undertaking sensitivity analysis, designing and undertaking evaluations.
- Experience of data management including designing and managing systems needed to input, store and link (when possible) a broad range of data sources.
- Experience of managing projects that cross organisations boundaries and require partnership working large information projects which go across more than one organisation.
- Innovation and development experience, including strong project leadership skills and the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of various statistical software packages to enable complex data management.
- Advanced IT skills in databases, spreadsheets, SQL reporting and Power BI (desirable).
- Any local authority/public sector experience.
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via email@example.com but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below: Job Ref: Gloucestershire 7773411777198 Anticipated Length of Assignment:
Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent. Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed. Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs. Important
: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.