What's involved with this role:
Two Senior Finance Officers are required to provide a professional finance and management information service and to undertake complex pieces of accountancy work to support and advise services in achieving their objectives. Candidates will need experience of the following skills: Power BI; SP or similar GL system and Excel skills including Pivot Tables; If Statements; V-Lookup. Key responsibilities:
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for. “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Listen to service customers and provide timely information and advice, offering solutions
- Research and maintain specialised knowledge in various financial disciplines to provide expert advice to and on behalf of the Council
- Ensure that all budgeting and year end accounting procedures are complied with including the operation of financial policies and controls, Financial Regulations and Standing Orders
- Prepare, analyse and interpret financial and other service performance information to influence and enable managers to make the correct operational decisions
- Support service departments and budget holders by providing a comprehensive financial support service which will include budget profiling and forecasting with links to performance management information
- Ensure the Council’s income and expenditure is correctly accounted for in line with legislative requirements and Council policies and procedures
- Organise, deliver and participate in training events to improve the skills, knowledge and understanding of financial and non financial managers
- Undertake more complex financial activities within the Accountancy function including working on corporate projects and multi-disciplinary working parties.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- AAT or equivalent professional qualification.
- Knowledge & Skills:
- Uses, interprets, analyses, communicates complex numerical information.
- Understanding of how financial services contribute to effective service delivery.
- Understanding of local government finance.
- Report writing and analytical skills.
- Awareness of public sector procurement rules.
- Ability to use a range of financial systems and applications.
- Ability to deal with officers at all levels and various disciplines being articulate and a good listener with good communication skills both oral and written.
- Persuasive and has the ability to work on own or in a team.
- Effective time management.
- Three years practical experience of financial services.
- Departmental or service based experience (not restricted to local government).
- Experience of Power BI; SP or similar GL system and Excel skills including Pivot Tables; If Statements; V-Lookup.
- Preparation of reports and maintenance of financial systems and procedures.
- Working collaboratively with service and project officers who may have limited financial skills
- Evidence of analysis of private sector company accounts or preparation of private sector company accounts.
- Staff management experience.
- Experience of spreadsheet models or manipulating data extracts.
- Any local authority/public sector experience.
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via firstname.lastname@example.org but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below: Job Ref: Bradford 5148536 Anticipated Length of Assignment:
Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent. Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed. Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs. Important
: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.