Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish!
We are working to take the build and test process of the low-level components of iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS to the next level (think kernel and low-level libraries). We don’t have all of the answers on how to do that yet, perhaps you do? We are exploring, measuring, and trying new things. We are responsible for validating nearly a quarter of all changes that go into our OS releases and affect 1 billion+ customers, so this isn’t just a theoretical exercise. We won’t be satisfied with anything less than outstanding.
- Demonstrate proficiency with scripting languages (Python, Perl, Bash) Experience with creating, running, and troubleshooting native builds (Objective-C, C++)
- Comfortable writing code and ideally have experience with TDD
- Always iterating and seeking new ways to shorten the feedback cycle of build pipelines
- Will work closely with engineering and QA teams, which requires very good communication and coordination skills
- Proficient using Git and other version control systems
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes as well as modern configuration management tools like Salt/Ansible a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are needed to facilitate close interaction with development teams, management, and other organizations within Apple
DescriptionAs Build Engineer, you’ll oversee the build and verification process of the Kernel and related components for all of Apple’s OS releases. You’ll work as part of an agile team that is big on shortening feedback cycles for our internal customers. Our aim is to provide fast feedback to all of our stakeholders. You will work hands-on with various tools to raise the bar for automation of day-to-day operations and rapidly deliver innovative solutions.
Education & Experience
Education & ExperienceBS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.