We are now seeking an experienced Contract Manager to lead our South East of England healthcare maintenance/repairs contracts. This position is based at our main offices in Dartford and covers a patch stretching from Epsom to Maidstone. Rydon Maintenance provides first-class planned, responsive, lifecycle and cyclical repairs services within the social housing. We combine a personal touch with outstanding technical expertise to deliver award-winning, quality facilities for local communities with a commitment from people who are passionate about what they do.
We recognise that it's our people who make Rydon the success it is today and we understand the importance of career development and training. We're continuously investing in our people and this is what makes us one of the leading employers within the built environment.
Watch our careers and one of our operational videos for more information about working at Rydon:
We are currently seeking an experienced Contract Manager to join our Dartford based Healthcare Maintenance team. The successful candidate will take responsibility for the delivery of planned, lifecycle, cyclical decorations and reactive Hard FM Services including health, safety, quality and performance. The Healthcare sites on this contract include South East Coast Ambulance Service, Epsom and Ewell and Medway NHS. As such, the geographic areas of responsibility include Epsom through to Maidstone with a variety of sites in between. We look after buildings ranging from public 'outpaitent' services and primary care services, ambulance depots and make ready centres through to mental healthcare facilities.
Our contract managers ensure that we maximise service and minimise response times, as well as achieve first time fix for repairs as often as is practicable - directly delivered through our mobile engineering teams. You will be the senior point of contact for all operational issues to ensure the delivery of an effective hard facilities maintenance service in line with contractual obligations and budgetary constraints. Managing a skilled Engineering team delivering planned and reactive maintenance you will ensure contract compliance with all statutory regulations, current legislation and local codes of practice and policies across the sites.
Specific key duties include:
- Ensuring that we deliver an outstanding maintenance and repairs service by providing excellent team leadership, long term planning of resources and delivering continuous improvements to the services/operations we provide.
- Ensure contractual commitments are met in accordance with KPI's/SLA's
- Managing these contracts on a day to day basis you will use your influence and impact to maximise financial profit levels and effectively manage risk while meeting or exceeding contractual key performance indicators.
- You will have responsibility for daily, weekly, monthly and annual planning and attending client contract monitoring meetings ensuring that all supporting documentation are available to demonstrate service delivery performance.
- You will build a balanced well performing team around you with a constant eye on succession planning. You will ensure your team understands what their job entails and that they carry out their job to a consistently high level by setting and driving stretching targets whilst ensuring our Company and Clients Policies and Procedures are adhered to.
- Identify and mitigate risk in all areas of contract and operational performance.
- Control and monitor the performance of the specialist service providers and any sub contractors through chairing regular review meetings when nominated in accordance with the annual programme.
This is an excellent opportunity to make a real difference for the clients and service users we serve, as well as excellent opportunities with onward development for you and the teams you lead.
The preferred candidate will be an experienced operational/contract manager with experience ideally gained with a maintenance contractor (managing directly employed skilled engineers). Ideally, you will have managed services across a multi-site operation, with experience gained within a healthcare setting. However, we will also consider candidates with experience gained within a commercial maintenance environment (for example the maintenance of other public buildings).
You will also have excellent previous experience of leading teams that manage directly employed and subcontracted trades, an excellent track record of health and safety as well as an ability to build strong relationships with clients and subcontractors. You will also demonstrate excellent long-term planning/strategic thinking in order to recommend and implement continuous improvements to benefit our client and Rydon.
This role offers excellent opportunity for further personal development. If you have the above skills and experience we would strongly encourage you to apply.
As a well established, progressive company we are committed to attracting and retaining individuals by offering an excellent benefits package that includes a wide range of core and voluntary benefits.
Rydon is an equal opportunities employer and promotes diversity in employment. Successful candidates will be selected solely on their ability to carry out the duties of the post.
To apply online, please use the 'apply for this job link' at the top of this page.
Our application process is very straight forward allowing you to apply with a CV (from your Computer or Dropbox), LinkedIn, Facebook or Google+ and should take no more than a few short minutes.
For details on our rewards, recognition and benefits please click here.
For more details on our culture and what it's like to work at Rydon, please click here.
Further information on how to apply can be found by clicking here.