Staff Nurse Vacancy
STAFF NURSE, Edinburgh
Reports to MANAGER / DEPUTY
From £17 per hour to £18.20 depending on experience/ level
From £31,824 annually
The stated hourly rate and annual salaries are based on a 36 hour
Since 1985, Randolph Hill have had an enviable reputation for quality
care provision. We are large enough to be able to provide great
support, whilst small enough to avoid becoming overly bureaucratic and
make decisions to fit every circumstance. We have a low staff turnover
with 6 high performing nursing homes offering long and short-term care
to those with particular medical needs, especially frail elderly
people. Each Home’s philosophy is to provide competent, skilled and
empathetic individual care. The Company is committed to future
expansion, therefore each unit operates on a professional business
basis, maintaining budgeted profit margins. Our homes are well run,
attaining positive grades with the Care Inspectorate. Randolph Hill
are committed to quality and look for like-minded people to support us
achieving our objectives.
In a recent staff survey, 100% of respondents would recommend
Randolph Hill to others.
We are currently looking for Registered Nurses with the right skills,
experience and personality to join our exceptional team in Edinburgh.
It is essential that candidates have experience of care of the elderly
along with strong communication skills, a positive attitude and
It would also be desirable for candidates to have knowledge of
dementia, the care home sector and a desire to work with the elderly.
- To provide professional clinical nursing to all residents
- To uphold residents' participation strategy
- To abide by the Nursing & Midwifery Council’s (NMC’s) code of
- To liaise with all personnel to ensure high standards of patient care
- To respect residents’ and workplace confidentiality
- To assist the home Manager in daily running of the nursing home
- To implement all company policies and practices
- To assist the home manager with staff training and inductions
To promote and show loyalty to the company both inside and
outside the nursing home
- To treat colleagues with respect and ensure teamwork is good
- To promote the highest standards of clinical nursing within the
- To uphold residents’ rights to privacy, dignity and choice
- To report any ill health amongst residents and request
professional visits where necessary
- To provide a safe and healthy environment for residents, staff and visitors
- To become familiar with all aspects of the building’s layout, fire
evacuation procedure and equipment, and to instruct staff
- To become familiar with and strictly adhere to company policy and
procedure and Care Commission guidelines
- To assume named nurse responsibilities when requested
- To set a good example at all times in respect of dress, manner,
hygiene and behaviour
- To act at all times in a manner which reflects a good company image
- To maximise bed occupancy opportunities by being friendly and
helpful to all enquirers and visitors, either personally or on the telephone
- To make best use of equipment and finance and minimise waste at
- To maintain correctly written records and individual care plans as
required by the company and statutory bodies
- In the absence of the home Manager to delegate daily workload,
ensuring efficient and cost effective use of manpower
- To supervise and support junior staff where appropriate
- To communicate all requests and changes of practice to all
- To report any injuries, disease and dangerous practice to all
- To read and observe all notices and instructions displayed in the
- To wear and use correct protective clothing/equipment as directed
and report any damage or wear to superiors
- To dispose of rubbish and waste materials in the appropriate manner
- To wear company uniform at all times when on duty
- To attend and participate in staff meetings and training as
required by the company or the Manager
- To feedback and communicate to the Manager or Deputy any
complaints, suggestions or wishes arising from residents, relatives
Additional housekeeping duties
To maintain high standards of cleanliness and tidiness by instructing
staff on good housekeeping practices and ensuring these instructions
are carried out
To instruct and supervise in the use of company goods and equipment,
and to report immediately damage or breakage to equipment, furnishings
or fabric of the building and any repairs required
To undertake any reasonable duties as directed by managers to ensure
safe, smooth and efficient running of the nursing home
- Work locally allowing for an improved work/life balance.
- Rates of pay ranging from £17.00 - £18.20, depending on
level/experience plus a fantastic joining bonus of £1500 and free uniform.
- Overtime rate.
- Fully-funded stakeholder pension scheme.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme.
- Our Nurses are well supported by management and there is a
positive working environment in place.
- Statutory training and in-house training.
- Opportunities for further personal development progression (from
Staff Nurse to Charge Nurse, potentially towards management).
- Positive Care Inspectorate grades across our Group – well
organised homes with good staffing levels.
- Consistency of management means stability for staff, residents and
relatives (average Manager’s service is over 10 years).
- Long service holidays and awards.
- Low staff turnover against industry average (over a third of our
overall staff have been here for 5 years or longer).
- Good level of Senior Management support – including a Director of
Nursing, Group Nursing Manager and Care Standards Manager.
- A family feel to our organisation with 6 Nursing homes - all homes
are extremely well supported.
- Full clinical autonomy - run your shift effectively with guidance
from an experienced management team.
- Lower agency use as we have a successful Staff Bank which provides
greater care continuity for both staff and residents.
- Death in service scheme.
There are two nursing homes in Edinburgh, one located in Morningside,
between the city centre and the surrounding countryside and the other
centrally located in Sighthill, with easy access to both the city and
the surrounding bypass to the M8 and M9.
Both Ashley Court, in Morningside, and Blenham House, in Sighthill,
are modern, purposely designed buildings with high quality furnishings
throughout and set in beautifully maintained private and secure
gardens. Both homes excel with a full and varied schedule of
activities for residents to enjoy, depending on their particular choices.