Robert Half are currently working with a global service's business based in Stockport to recruit a Finance Analyst on a 12-month fixed term contract. This vacancy has become live due to a team member going on maternity.
This is very much a business partnering role as the Financial Analysts are assigned to a Business Unit.
The Financial Analyst is a point of contact for Project Managers in operations. On average the FA's have around 400 project tasks to oversee.
Daily - review project documentation - signed contracts, purchase orders etc
- Set contracts up based on documentation - assign revenue and billing formulas
- General maintenance of projects - increased the funding.
- Validating costs hitting projects - time, vendor costs, employee expenses
- Ensuring revenue on the contracts is correct
- Journals to correct any items that are wrong
- Income statement and cost centre cost reviews
- Ensure Financial Administrator is getting billings out the door in a timely manner
- Project reviews with operations
- Validate Revenue and Costs
- Cost accruals both direct and indirect
- Reconcile general ledger revenue and project ledger revenue
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Month end reporting - variance analysis actuals vs forecast.
- Month end report to Business Unit leads providing income statements, contract summary reports etc
- Reporting to USA - daily during month end close - predicted actuals vs forecast and variance analysis
- Supporting operations with the Forecast process and annual Budget
- Quarterly and Year end audits
- Fully qualified Accountant preferred, or QBE however a minimum of part qualified (ACCA or equivalent, CIMA)
- Ideally from a service of training background, multinational accounting team
- Strong Excel and reporting skills
- Good understanding of revenue recognition for different project types
- Excellent communicator, both verbally and written, adopting the most appropriate medium for the situation
- Strong character - must be able to hold their own ground when dealing with operations
Salary & Benefits:
£30,000 - £35,000 - Working remotely until further notice
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice.