The Director of Reporting & Analytics will play a pivotal role in streamlining business intelligence reporting and developing advanced end-to-end analytics and technology solutions that drive value for our business. They will be also operationalising the most-urgent data and analytics initiatives for Westcon-Comstor's digital business initiatives.
The Director of Reporting & Analytics will be accountable for the intake and prioritization process for analytical needs. You will be the 'voice' of analytics in leadership forums. This team supports the entire organisation by embedding deep analytic insights into key decision processes and focusing on focused on increasing sales, extracting consumer insights and various digital initiatives. Additionally, this candidate must be comfortable jumping in where needed and taking on the toughest task to ensure success across the business. This is a hands-on role with a small team both direct and matrixed to achieve objectives. You must be commercially minded and highly proficient with one or more data visualization tools like Tableau or Power BI.
The Director is responsible for creating recommendations for complex business decisions using predictive analytics. In addition to advanced analytics skills, this role is also proficient at integrating and preparing large, varied datasets, designing and implementing production algorithm scoring, and communicating results.
This global role is remote based in the South East. Some travel will be required.
ABOUT THE ROLE
* Develop methods to ensure consistent application and use of analytics. Establish the governance of data and algorithms used for analysis, analytical applications and automated decision making.
* Oversee the development and deployment of the enterprise's data and analytics platform for digital business. Institute an enterprise operating model that is consistent with the capabilities and competencies required to execute the strategy.
* Expand the organization's research and analytics offerings, especially in emerging analytical approaches, skills and technologies, focusing them on digital business innovation.
* Develop and implement data-driven business solutions using advanced statistical methods and machine learning techniques. Synthesize analytic results with business input to drive measurable change.
* Provide to business stakeholders the guidance essential for interpreting and building on findings, and fully exploiting the insights revealed through the research.
* Coach and mentor a team of Business Analysts and Data Scientists to formulate, design and create analytical projects.
* Work collaboratively with data engineering teams as required to acquire all necessary data to support project needs (data exploration, training data, feature engineering, modeling etc.).
* A bachelor's or master's degree in business administration, computer science, data science, information science or related field, or equivalent work experience. Academic qualification or professional training and experience are also desirable.
* Extensive business experience, ideally in business management, legal, financial or information or IT management - recently at or near the executive level. Broad business experience internally and within the vertical industry is desired.
* Experience integrating complex, cross-corporate processes and information strategies, and/or designing strategic metrics and scorecards.
* Experience in an SAP centric environment across various modules.
* Highly proficient with one or more data visualization tools: Tableau, Power BI.
* Excellent business acumen and interpersonal skills; able to work across business lines at a senior level to influence and effect change to achieve common goals.
* Proven data literacy - The ability to describe business use cases/outcomes, data sources and management concepts, and analytical approaches/options. The ability to translate among the languages used by executive, business and IT.
* Analytical skills - Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities.
* Familiarity with business information generation and analysis methods.
* Ability to effectively drive business, culture and technology change in a dynamic and complex operating environment.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain digital concepts and technologies to business leaders, and business concepts to technologists. The candidate should be able to 'sell' ideas and processes internally at all levels, including the board and investors.
* Ability to understand and discuss deep analytical and technical concepts, distill them for a broader audience, and clearly articulate key insights to leadership
* Strong willingness to learn new hard and soft skills, and develop new professional capability
* Strong communicator with experience in working with senior management
* Excellent problem-solving skills
* Strong knowledge of statistical methods and predictive/analytical modeling techniques and practices.
* Experience with data preparation, rationalization and processing in a cloud environment
.* Highly proficient with one or more data visualization tools: Tableau, Power BI.
Join a growing global business
Westcon-Comstor is a leading name in IT distribution with US$4.35 billion in global revenues. Our job is to link technology vendors to our distribution partners who resell software and solutions to business and other customers.
This is an exciting time to join our expanding UK and Ireland operation, which serves the EMEA region. We have ambitious plans and huge future potential - you will be ideally placed to grow your career in a dynamic yet supportive culture.