Due to the continued growth and expansion of our Nuclear Power & Decommissioning Team , we are looking to increase our technical workforce and are seeking to recruit a Principal Engineer to be based in our Westlakes Office.
This is an exciting time for the Nuclear Power & Decommissioning team with an interesting and expanding pipeline of both international and UK based projects.
As Priniipal Structural Engineer, you will:
- Act as a technical resource and serve as technical advisor for team
- Provide specialized technical input to studies and design for staff's specific area of expertise.
- Develop study and design procedures to facilitate high quality cost effective work by others.
- Participate in interdisciplinary review of project deliverables.
- Develop construction cost estimates and estimates of technical efforts for projects.
- Use expertise in all steps of completing discipline component of PS&E package.
- Perform quality control review of design calculations or drawings.
- Prepare technical specification sections.
- Provide input to the development of engineering budget and schedule to meet requirements.
The candidate that we are looking to recruit should ideally have a good level of experience within a role where knowledge of engineering was a key attribute and recent experience working within a regulated and quality assured system (preferably nuclear) in roles reliant upon pragmatic design judgement and where design was a major part of the role.
The successful Principal Engineer candidate will ideally have/be:
- Expertise demonstrable in one or more specific specialist areas relevant to the engineering discipline with a track record of successful application of specialist knowledge or skills.
- Ability to provide strategic guidance based on knowledge and experience of projects across a portfolio to inform and direct projects and programmes.
- Ability to provide leadership in a key area within an engineering function and act as a custodian of resource and expertise.
- Experience of working within the Nuclear Sector, new build and decommissioning projects, in roles reliant upon professional engineering expertise and judgement.
- Engineering experience demonstrating a record of successful delivery, including positions influencing professional engineers in the definition, implementation and delivery of engineering work packages.
- Preferably able to demonstrate a working knowledge of seismic/numerical modelling including finite element analysis.
- Demonstrable mentorship and direction of technicians, graduates and near Chartership members of design team.
- Understanding of design principles and ability to apply them.
- Have a working knowledge of European and American Standards.
- Able to meet the requirements for security clearance in the UK.
- Civil / Structural Engineering Degree, or equivalent.
- Chartered Engineer (CEng) (MICE or MIStrucE)
Your benefits will include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you'll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You'll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you're a member of the Reserve Forces you'll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering - Structural
Business Line Water
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 240283BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.Apply for this job