Changing the way people think about waste.
At Biffa, we love working with waste. Whether we’re turning it into sustainable power, finding new ways to recycle it or simply keeping it off the streets, we believe every day is an opportunity to improve the lives of millions. It’s a view that’s shared by our 7,500+ people around the country, who trust us to provide them with a career that’s always rewarding, often challenging, but never dull. And it’s why we’re the UK’s No. 1 choice for business waste management
Help us make a difference as a Senior Traffic Dispatcher based from our site in Caerphilly.
A quick look at the role.
The Senior Traffic Dispatcher will effectively manage the day to day organisation of operations of the Depot through the allocation and basic routing of vehicles to ensure best in class service delivery to customers, ensuring health & safety standards are maintained, and ensuring environmental and O licence compliance. Supporting employee engagement, continuous improvement in productivity and quality of service provision.
Why it’s an opportunity not to be wasted.
- Day to day management of operational staff in order to achieve best in class service delivery
- Managing route efficiency and utilising optimum disposal outlets within the area to ensure effective use of vehicles and facilities.
- Managing driver availability and coverage in line with legislation and company procedures to ensure that there is suitable coverage at all times.
- Performing administrative duties including input of pay and bonus onto the company systems. In addition accurate input of disposal information
- Proactive vehicle management, including liaison with fleet, safe vehicle operations, wheel security, monitor vehicle gross weights.
- Supervising vehicle availability on a daily basis ensuring that drivers have completed their checks in accordance with company policy.
- Contributing towards the ongoing cost control, actively seeking to improve efficiency and reduce operating costs eg. running and analysing Depot reports.
- Ensuring all administrative tasks associated with the Dispatch office are completed, including time sheets, tachograph records, payroll records, holiday rotas, resolution of QLS.
- In conjunction with the Depot Manager, ensures that mandatory training, induction and toolbox talks are delivered in line with company policy.
- A chance to join a forward-thinking, industry leader that openly welcomes self-driven individuals who are unafraid to question convention
Here’s what we require:
- CPC (desirable)
- Health & Safety management
- Knowledge of existing and impending environmental and health and safety legislation environment
- Experience of managing in a labour intensive, multi-shift environment
- Minimum GCSE or equivalent in Maths & English
- Experience of a position of similar responsibility in Services or Logistics industry
- Local geographical knowledge
- Good transport / logistics knowledge
- Experience of first line operational management
- Articulate, confident and assertive
- Articulate, confident and assertive
- The ability to communicate with conviction, plan with precision and, most importantly, play well with others.
And here’s why you’ll love it at Biffa.
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing career development, training and coaching – because if you don’t grow, we don’t grow.
- Generous pension scheme.
- Medical and dental scheme.
- Retail and leisure discounts.
- Holiday and travel discounts.
- Bike to work scheme
Dedicated to diversity.
At Biffa we believe different ideas, perspective and backgrounds are key to developing a creative working environment that delivers real results. It’s why you’ll find us championing diversity and equality at every turn.
Closing date - 12th October