Software Development Engineer
The Bristol team are part of the global HPE Storage business. We work across multiple areas of technology, we create cutting-edge software products, and we want you to be a part of our team. Our engineers love what they do. They love problem solving, and seeking out innovative solutions to a wide variety of problems. Our engineers are great software developers. We don’t like doing things twice, we like to ensure we get it right the first time and automate where possible. This is a fantastic opportunity to engage in a positive and creative work environment that offers excellent benefits and a flexible schedule. We are currently in a search for Software Developers at all levels to work on our next generation of products.
Education and Experience Required:
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
· All levels of experience considered.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience/understanding of the following is preferred:
· C, C++
· Agile development and CI
· Proven experience in embedded systems design with multitasking real-time operating systems
· Excellent knowledge of OS coding techniques, IP protocols, interfaces and hardware subsystems
· Software test development (unit, functional, security, performance)
· Domain knowledge in the area of storage/backup.
· Good analytical and problem solving skills.
· Team worker, able to prioritise competing demands and interact well with the development community.
· Good English language written and verbal communication skills.
· Experience of working across multiple geographies an advantage.
· Design and implement software of embedded devices and systems from requirements to production and commercial deployment.
· Design, develop, code, test and debug system software
· Analyse and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources
· Optimise I/O performance
· Provide post production support
· Interface with hardware design and development
· Assess third party and open source software
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.