Location Hounslow, Greater London · Salary £14.81/Hour · Category Public Sector - Public Sector Accounting & Finance · Job type Temporary · Industry Public Sector · External Reference JN-052019-70878
Job Title: Direct Payments Officer
Post Number(s) Grade: SO1
Department: Children's and Adult's
Section: Direct Payments
Reports to: Direct Payments Team Manager
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
To support people to exercise choice and control in planning how they will use their Direct Payments, by providing them with clear advice and information and/or helping them to arrange services so that they manage their Direct Payments effectively.
To be responsible for all financial administration functions for the Direct Payments including, setting up of payments, activating/deactivation and deferring care packages (Brokering).
Responsible for financial monitoring of Direct Payments to ensure funds are used appropriately, flagging up concerns about the way that funds are used by providing Managers, Social Workers with accurate , relevant and timely information.
Making decisions on when to refer to the Direct Payments Team Manager those accounts requiring further attention because of their complexity or potential abuse, complete and maintain a risk analysis of all Direct Payments to ensure that attention is focussed on those payments that are a higher risk and/or may involve financial abuse or fraud, liaise with relevant partners such as Safeguarding, Health (CCG), Children, Finance, Legal and third party providers i.e. Payroll and Liability Insurance.
Working in partnership with Health and Children Services, establish key contacts and maintain strong relationships to enable effective management and monitoring of Direct Payments.
To maintain IT systems required to support efficient service delivery based on the principles of Equality of Opportunity and the Department's Customer Care Statement and to promote all aspects of Independent living, including the use of Direct Payments/Personal Budgets, across all care groups including reviewing of Direct Payments paperwork.
Responsible for: None
· To manage effectively, in compliance with relevant procedures and systems, referrals received by the Direct Payments Team from Adults, Children and Health to support people in planning for greater independence and improved outcomes, this will involve visiting residents/carers in their homes and/or at the agreed place inc. Council Offices.
· To provide timely and accurate information in response to what people want to do to achieve good outcomes, so that they are able to make choices and have control over their support. Advise on potential solutions, ensuring support plans are documented and costed within the allocated budget.
· To capture and present the proposed support plan to CCG/Children and/or Adults leads as required/necessary for approval and to facilitate the implementation of the support plan.
· To ensure residents and their Carer's are aware of the range of options available to them for purchasing their own care. To support and provide advice on all aspects of recruiting Personal Assistants in line with employment law, which includes employment contracts, DBS checks, Liability Insurance, accessing payroll services, managing and training staff, and any other employment related issues.
· To deal with and respond promptly to enquiries from Social Care staff/Teams, Residents/Carers, their families/representatives, service providers or members of the public prioritising and progressing appropriately. To implement principles of customer care in relation to services provided by the department and complaints from customers in line with the Council's complaints procedure.
· To be responsible for setting up of all Direct Payments Care Packages (Brokering Contracts) which includes new and existing and making changes and completing the Direct Payments Agreements (contracts), ensuring the payment deadlines are met.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy