As Kitchen Assistant, you’ll play an important part in creating an excellent experience for patients, service users & staff.
And you’ll reap the rewards of being part of an organisation that cares about helping people.
- You’ll be working in a 32 bed high dependency inpatient rehabilitation service for men who have severe and enduring mental illness and who may have been detained under the Mental Health Act.
- Assist the team in the providing balanced, appetising meals
- Perform basic food preparation, cooking tasks & other kitchen duties
- Wash utensils, dishes & make sure they are stored appropriately
- Sort, store & distribute ingredients, check deliveries and assist with stock ordering
- Maintain personal hygiene and ensure the kitchen is clean & hygienic
- Handle, maintain & store kitchen equipment in accordance with Cygnet procedures
- Use chemicals in line with Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) regulations.
- Passionate about catering, preferably with experience within a care setting
- Enthusiastic, keen to learn and an active team member
- Polite & professional, with a positive attitude at all times
- An excellent communicator who can liaise with people at all levels
- Able to work on your own initiative & under supervision
- Diligent & take pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Full training and Induction
- An opening to undertake further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme
- Regular coaching & appraisal
- Expert supervision & peer support
- Employee discount savings & “Cycle to Work” scheme
- Recruitment referrals
- Wellbeing centre with exercises, recipes, financial and mental health advice
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
For more of our benefits, please visit: https://cygnetjobs.co.uk/benefits/
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Ready to make a positive change?
Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below