Location: Fareham, Hampshire
Salary: £26,008 - £31,833
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours of Work: 37 Hours per week
Closing Date: Monday 05 October 2020
Are you an experienced Tutor with a background in engaging and empowering young people aged 16-24? Can you help learners take actions toward social independence, further training or employment and facilitate their personal, social and educational development? Do you possess a real passion for helping young people reach their full potential?
If so, this is an exciting new opportunity for an engaging and motivating Tutor to join our growing team. You will be responsible for delivering and teaching English, Maths and Functional Skills, in addition to, Personal and Social Skills to young people, in order to provide them with the necessary skills for independent living and to prepare them for work. You will also be delivering and teaching courses to those who are currently not in Education, Employment or Training to provide them with the vocational and employability skills required to work within a variety of sectors including; Business Admin, Customer Service, and ICT.
* Be involved with the design, delivery, evaluation and promotion of BP Traineeship programme's.
* Prepare and deliver reports and statistical indicators as may be required.
* Gain learner feedback, through various methods, both whilst the learner is on programme and upon completion of the programme.
* Provide advice and guidance to learners on the requirements of the curriculum and assessment.
* Contribute to the development of learning materials, as appropriate
* Assist in the recruitment, induction and assessment of learners, as required.
* Ensure appropriate quality assurance mechanisms are implemented.
* Undertake regular CPD activities including those set out by the Apprenticeship Delivery Manager
* Share best practice amongst other delivery staff
* Carry out any other such duties as may reasonably be required by the organisation.
Skills and Experience
* Minimum Level 3 professional teaching qualification (PTLLS teaching qualification or equivalent).
* IAG minimum level 3 qualification
* Assessor and/or verifier awards (D32 / A1 / CAVA) essential or working towards with experience of portfolio based delivery
* Functional Skills L2 English / Maths / ICT (desirable)
* Qualification and Occupational competence in vocational areas of delivery
* Experience of working with learners with LLDD
* Experience of delivery in the classroom and workplace
* Awareness of issues affecting young people in order to effectively communicate with young people.
* Experience of working with difficult and disengaged client groups in a variety of settings.
* Ability to liaise and network with relevant agencies (social services, local authority etc.)
* Target / results driven
* A genuine commitment to the personal and occupational success of young people
Local Government Pension scheme, Free on-site gym, Staff development opportunities, Staff recognition scheme, Employee Recommendation Incentive and access to many more benefits.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners. It expects all staff to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check and to provide proof of their eligibility to work in the UK.