The Senior SEO Manager plays an authoritative role within the SEO & Social department. The role is creative, technical and managerial, responsible for contributing heavily to strategic planning and execution on a campaign level plus also being involved in the line management and mentoring of team members across the department’s technical SEO offering.
There is an expectation that the Senior SEO Manager will take the lead, along with other senior team members, to provide thought-leadership, best practice approach, innovation and guidance at a campaign and departmental level.
The Senior SEO Manager will be key in the understanding client strategy and execution of campaign tasks, keeping a close eye on time tracking versus allocated budget and supporting in the quality assurance of project deliverables. The seniority associated with this role means that frequent client contact via email, telephone or face-to-face meetings may be required.
- Immersing yourself in client brands to enable you to identify the role that SEO will play in achieving goals and meeting KPIs
- As a senior team member, you will be expected to guide the team in understanding and interrogating client briefs sufficiently to improve final output
- Attending key campaign meetings (internal & client-facing) and positioning yourself as one of the team authorities - asking the right questions, providing answers and explanations to clients in a concise palatable manner, setting a good example to junior team members and translating meeting outcomes into actionable next steps when relevant to your discipline
- Leading in the development of sophisticated SEO strategies which accurately address the objectives of the client
- Ensuring that audits, research and landscape investigations are properly utilised to deliver insight-driven strategies
- Working alongside your client team’s SEO Manager/Executive or Analyst to position yourselves as the main authority for SEO activities across client campaigns for which you are responsible
- Working closely with internal SEO Managers, Content Managers and Account Managers to assist in the smooth implementation of client work
- Working closely with the Client Services and Project Management teams to develop integrated digital strategies for clients
- Identifying when team members are struggling in their understanding/delivery of tasks and either providing them with the support they require or finding an appropriate member of staff to do so
- Analysing the performance of campaigns, identifying strategic opportunities, facilitating change in order to hit and exceed client expectations and KPIs.
- Provide SEO training to internal teams and clients.
- Creating queries, dashboards and pulling data from Searchmetrics for the benefit of clients, the SEO Team and the wider staff.
- Engagement with Searchmetrics and other partners to ensure effective working relationships, access to insight and betas and to grow effectiveness of all campaigns.
- Producing client facing reports, studies and presentations to Jellyfish brand standards.
- Increasing your own and the agency’s knowledge in the field of SEO & Social Media.
- Nurture and develop relationships with clients for the day-to-day requirements of SEO campaigns.
- Supporting the SEO Team in the delivery of their objectives and ensuring that teams are continually developing their digital and marketing expertise, and sharing a clear communication vision
- Develop a high level of SEO & Social Media marketing expertise.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and all applicable technologies, including developments in – SEO, social media, PPC, analytics, online marketing, E-commerce and online consumer behaviour.
- Achieving continuous improvement by proactively assessing Jellyfish practices and methods.
- Maintaining an in-depth understanding of Jellyfish’s marketplace, with particular emphasis on all new and emerging initiatives.
- Articulate English skills – you must be able to use language persuasively and produce well constructed reports and deliverables
- Thorough experience and knowledge of working within social media, with impeccable knowledge of monitoring and metrics
- Excellent knowledge of industry software & tools, including Searchmetrics, Brandwatch, Radian 6, Gorkana, BuzzSumo, Facebook Analytics and Twitter Analytics, GWT & Google Analytics Packages
- Highly competent in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong communication skills, as you will be required to discuss project plans, strategies, and results with project leaders
- Excellent organisational skills are a must, as the role will require you to assist with multiple priorities, projects and relationships
- Creative and capable of conceptualising and executing unique ideas under pressure
- Confident in pitching and concisely communicating creative, strategic and professional ideas
- A self-motivated individual who consistently monitors their respective landscape in order to keep up to speed with industry developments, new tactics and thought leadership
- A natural intuition to understand what does or does not fit within a client’s brand ethics
- Flexibility to adapt
- A confident manner with a positive attitude and good sense of humour
- Professional pride and attention to detail
- You have an in-depth understanding of the internet; you use the web for research and to further your learning by reading a wide range of online content
- You take direction positively from clients and senior members of staff, as well as contribute fresh ideas
- Self motivated and able to work both individually and as part of a team
- Able to work under pressure and meet key deadlines
- Open, honest and direct. Comfortable in giving and receiving constructive feedback from colleagues and from clients