AECOM is currently seeking to hire a Chartered Building Surveyor to be based in Peterborough.
We are looking to appoint a Chartered Building Surveyor to our Peterborough office where you will have a great opportunity to progress your career. Our UK Building Surveying team deliver as one unit, and specialise in multi-disciplinary design services on refurbishment schemes, condition and asset surveys and asset management. Therefore we are looking for a candidate with a broad Building Surveying background that will compliment our current team and services alongside striving to expand and build the Peterborough team, supporting work winning and client management in the private and public sector.
- Lead on individual Building Surveying, Project Management, and Contract Administration commissions.
- Fully involved in or managing others to produce drawings, specifications and tender documents.
- Survey and Report writing for the full range of typical core professional Building Surveying services.
- Construction monitoring and snagging assessments.
- Develop business with existing clients and win further work with new clients
- Prepare fee bids, mentor key team members to do the same and assist other growth managers in business development.
- Continuous improvement to our standards, processes and knowledge to deliver to our core clients.
- Key account client management.
- Establish client briefs, appropriate fees, and cost control through to completion.
- Financial, commercial and risk management from project inception through to completion on own projects.
- Conducting a portfolio of fee based activities with our key multi sector client base.
- Manage and coordinate all phases of multiple surveying projects at once.
- Write proposals and market projects to prospective clients.
- Project manage own projects and those of junior staff.
- Review, develop and implement new technologies and legislation, as appropriate.
- Responsible for all aspects of financial management, including invoicing clients for own projects.
- Extensive experience of surveying from design work to condition surveys, feasibilities, and contract administration
- Must be a Chartered Building Surveyor
- Experience of working and building relationships within the private and public sector
- Experience of producing feasibility and concept reports
- Previous management of sub consultants and contractors
- Able to manage the delivery of contract administration services
- Previously managed asset surveys on larger survey programmes, working with various technology packages to meet client requirements.
- Had line manager responsibility for a team of building surveyors
- Have experience of work/bid winning and a willingness to participate in work winning strategies
- Ability to manage and monitor fees, profits and invoicing
- Experience in all core Building Surveying work areas especially design and contract administration.
- Be educated to at least degree level
- NEC3 Supervisor experience is desirable but not essential
- Education or Defence experience would be advantageous
Your benefits will include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you'll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You'll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you're a member of the Reserve Forces you'll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Building Surveying
Business Line Buildings & Places
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 238710BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.Apply for this job