About Pharm-Olam, LLC:
Pharm-Olam, LLC is a mid-size Contract Research Organization (CRO) that has a massive global reach. We are a company that strives to deliver cost-effective, quick-to-market clinical services in today’s emerging marketplace. Pharm-Olam has one of the largest global footprints of any CRO today and we are committed to not only maintain our standard but to continue to strengthen our presence even further. We offer a unique working environment with a global team culture, competitive salary, and benefits package.
Manages all contract staff and oversees preparation of contracts and change orders to ensure accurate, legally binding and effective Agreements that protect the interests of Pharm-Olam.
Review all contracts and change order drafts prior to Contracts Team issuing for signature.
Work with Contracts Team in the update, review and development of new templates, processes and tools to assist in the contract processes.
Provide regular review of contract documentation, working with Contracts Team, to protect the interests of Pharm-Olam.
Ensure that contracts are in compliance with Pharm-Olam policies and procedures.
- Provide management, training and workload distribution for Contracts team.
- Development and ongoing maintenance of templates and tools to assist in the management of the contract processes, e.g. template CDA, CRSA, MSA.
- Production and negotiation of Client Specific Contracts and Vendor Contracts in Pharm-Olam template. Review, revision, and negotiation of Client Specific Contracts and Vendor Contracts in client template amended to protect the interests of Pharm-Olam, as required.
- Provide guidance/support to Contracts team during the contract’s negotiation process.
- Review contracts ensuring they are correct as per the client’s expectations and protect Pharm-Olam’s interests. Ensure all contracts have been through the correct internal review procedure.
- Provide support/guidance to Contracts team to ensure they understand and apply appropriate payment types as client needs dictate, including time & materials, fixed priced, and unit priced.
- Provide support/guidance to Contracts team to build appropriate inflation and exchange rate protection into Pharm-Olam contracts and to include payment schedules which enable Pharm-Olam to remain ‘cash neutral’.
- Participate in client contract negotiation, including group negotiation calls and direct client communication.
- Periodically review approved template agreements and recommend/implement standardized changes as new needs are identified or issues are discovered.
- Ensure Customer relationship tool reflects contract activity.
- Attend the daily call to ensure contracts are aware of potential awards.
- Attend and provide updates on the frequently scheduled change order TCs as part of the CO SWAT team.
- Attend monthly Project Review Meetings (PRMs).
- Conduct monthly contracts team meetings.
- Conduct weekly 1:1 meetings with contracts staff.
- Conduct regular performance reviews with contracts staff.
- Participate in company initiatives on behalf of the department.
- Attend in house ongoing training whenever possible.
- Typically reports to Chief Commercial and Government Contracts Officer.
- Liaise extensively with Contracts Team, Proposals, Business Development, Finance and Operations.
- Communicate with external clients as needed during the contracts negotiation process.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A. /B.S.) or equivalent in a business or health-related area.
- 3-5 years' experience in contract development and management and prior supervisory experience are required.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience within the CRO/Pharmaceutical industry with an understanding of clinical trial processes.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
Demonstrated experience with contract management principles.
- Thorough understanding and familiarity with Excel-based bid models for management of clinical trials.
- Other: Excellent communication skills are required, as well as demonstrated ability to interact with internal and external clients with tact and discretion. Attention to detail, flexibility, and openness to suggestions are required. Demonstration of sound judgment and critical thinking skills is essential. Knowledge of the CRO industry, basic understanding of clinical operations, and the ability to follow-up on all issues in a timely fashion are necessary. Ability to organize, prioritize, and coordinate multiple departmental assignments is required. Must demonstrate critical thinking, sound judgment, and effective problem solving skills.
Please apply online at www.pharm-olam.com/careers
Pharm-Olam, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.