The transport administrator plays a key part in ensuring the smooth delivery of products to our customer. The role requires you to be in constant contact with our expert drivers together with the customer keeping them with live real time updates.
Working Pattern: Any 5 from 7 Monday –Sunday 06:00 -14:00/ 14:00 – 22:00 (One weekend in three)
We are the contract logistics partner of choice for logistics outsourcing and the management of complex supply chains. Our integrated services include all aspects of logistics planning, control and execution. From point of origin to consumption, we design solutions that turn your logistics operations from a challenge into a substantial competitive advantage.
- Monitor all Road & Rail movements to meet
the authorities plan
- Manage the waiver process, raising waivers for
sign off which do not meet the standard
- Check all road and rail moves meet the
standard prior to providing authority to proceed
- Record all movements by road and rail by
tracking live and ensure that effective communications are maintained with
drivers, customers and internal departments with regards to all movements.
- Report/escalate any issues using the systems
provided as and when they occur in the operations through verbal
- Ensure all necessary information is supplied
to the Manager and Control Tower Team as required verbal
- Ensure effective communications to customers
on execution of the plan for the day-to-day delivery / Collections.
- Deliver clear &
documented details on times vs actual planned.
Your Skills and Experiences
- Good working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Team player with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Customer focused
- Previous transport experience would be a beneficial
Good Reasons to Join
If you would like to become a valued member of our team then we will also make sure that you’re rewarded for your commitment and expertise. You will also have the opportunity to join the contributory Kuehne+Nagel pension plan and benefit from our Route 2 Rewards scheme which offers discounts and savings on a wide range of high street or internet goods and services.