Our client is looking to recruit a permanent Operations Manager to their expanding team.
Ideally you will come from a Plant Hire/Sales / Construction / Utilities Equipment background.
Job title: Operations Manager
Job summary: Responsible for providing day to day leadership, direction and support to the Service, Training and Sales Departments.
Responsible to: Directors
Responsible for: Service Manager, Training Manager and Sales team.
Operations Manager - Standard duties:
* Development & maintenance of departmental budgets. Hold regular reviews with direct reports to support management of costs (budget control), time and quality.
* Contribute to departmental resource planning, ensuring resources are effectively utilised, developing improvement plans where necessary.
* Identify, recommend & implement process & policy changes to the benefit of the company.
* Lead working groups to review efficiencies within the business, including recommendations for system implementation or development.
* Act as the lead for managing the company's IT & Telephony contracts.
* Oversee a positive Health & Safety culture.
* Oversee all Audit & Compliance matters.
* Oversee the Company Insurance policies.
* Approve supplier payments as and when required.
* Liaise with Marketing regarding seasonal promotional items.
* Design, implement & manage a system to measure & drive improvements in customer satisfaction with services provided.
* Facilitate successful internal processes & systems to recruit, train, manage and motivate colleagues.
* Fostering an environment of teamwork to ensure that all services are delivered on time and company goals are met.
* Lead & coach direct reports ensuring they are well motivated, trained & informed by holding regular reviews, managing performance and identifying development areas.
Playing a key role in the development of the business, supporting the achievement of the Directors' vision and aspirations, leading projects on their behalf.
Acting as a liaison to senior management and the Directors to keep them up to date with operational matters.
Ensuring the delivery of agreed customer service levels, working with line management to identify and promote improved efficiency.
Development of the parts/purchasing function. Drive the efficient utilisation of parts/stock, leading and managing process & financial enhancements.
Oversee the timely delivery of new plant equipment, bringing together and leading a cross-functional team, as necessary, to meet customer expectations.
Lead the organisation of marketing activities, including promotional events.
Manage the successful growth and development of the Training function, enhancing customer satisfaction and financial contribution.
Operations Manager - Responsibilities: Comply with all aspects of the company policies and follow published procedures where applicable. Maintain a culture of best practice within the company by attending training courses, both internal and external when and where required.
Out of hours support will be required.
Operations Manager - Personal: Self-motivation and team working are essential. Flexibility within this role is paramount, with the ability to adapt working hours to accommodate priorities and/or business requirements. The ability to work alone and on own initiative is required, taking a lead when hurdles arise or when tasks require completion. Must be able to adapt to an ever-changing environment and react quickly to meet challenges.
Operations Manager - Experience: Proven track record of successful management in an operational environment. Flexible and adaptable to manage multiple issues simultaneously.
Operations Manager - Skills and qualities: The job holder will be expected to possess the following:
* An empathetic approach to both internal & external customers, offering first class customer service at all times.
* Strong IT knowledge & computer skills.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Ability to work collaboratively, building relationships with customers and colleagues.
* Outstanding organisational skills.
* An exceptional leader/manager and influencer of people able to get the best out of employees both on an individual & team basis.
HSEQ: To work safely always and in accordance with the company's health and safety procedures.
Benefits: Pension, family private healthcare cover and life cover.
Please apply ASAP
Salary competitive dependent upon experience + Bonus, Private Heathcare, Life Assurance & Pension
The number of jobs in each salary range for all:
Red Kite Waste Ltd
£50000/annum car and pension
more details »