Our mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join us today and release yours.
About this role
The Senior Sales Account Manager is responsible for representing BT at all levels across Central and Local Government in NI profitably retaining, developing and growing a portfolio of the largest and most complex existing customer accounts as well as developing new. You will be a proven hunter who will be required to build new and manage existing relationships for selected accounts. You must be an expert on the latest market trends within their business area and customer accounts and must be capable of building a detailed individual business plan to contribute to the functional strategy of the Sector. You will build "trusted advisor" relationships across the customer landscape and partner / supplier network, up to CxO level.
This role is responsible for extending our capability across our customer base and beyond within the Sector whilst achieving/exceeding business targets. You will be responsible for strong Account Development Plans (ADP) for all accounts with the creation of an account/win plan for all re-sign and growth opportunities, strongly influencing the account strategy for the relevant industry verticals and demonstrating required actions and effective engagement of the virtual team.
You will be accountable for integration across organisation sub-functions (encompassing commercial, finance, legal, service, bid and propositions) extensive knowledge of the industry sector and strong commercial awareness covering the trading environment and the customer's specific commercial challenges.
You will be expected to build, motivate and co-ordinate virtual teams around the significant customer accounts, in order to achieve desired results on behalf of customers, and provide proactive support to both manager and colleagues (existing and new joiners) with additional coaching and support.
This role is also responsible for conducting customer meetings and dialogue encompassing both immediate opportunities and potential roadmap for the client's business both medium and long term, accurately recording all sales activity on the central CRM system.
You'll have the following responsibilities
- Accountable for developing successful, sustainable and profitable long-term relationship with the largest and most complex regional customers, to include responsibility for escalation management to appropriate level
- Responsible for drawing on multiple sources of information and insight (customer, competitors, market insight/trends, group insight, trading/economic environment) in order to formulate win strategies with customers
- To develop a strong understanding of the customer's requirements and transformational roadmap ensure robust account development plans exist for each customer accurately portraying the competitive landscape and how BT is positioned within it
- Define, develop and own key customer relationships and customer contact strategy
- Accountable for customer satisfaction improvements increasing Net Promoter score within the account
You'll have the following skills & experience
- Expert in interpersonal and stakeholder manager skills; As client partner for our most significant accounts, engages at the most senior levels (CxO) with customers and draws together senior stakeholders from Enterprise for board-to-board customer conversations
- Expert level ability to influence and convince both external customers (to buy) and internal colleagues (both to support the sales process and address customer concerns in-life)
- Proven ability to develop and maintain an effective network of contacts and build relationships at senior levels of the customer/prospect organisation
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong commercial acumen and business understanding enabling achievement of profitable growth and retention results
- Ability to articulate winning account plans and translate into tangible sales activities, successfully engaging virtual teams
At BT, we entertain, educate and empower millions of people every single day. We're a brand built on connecting people - whether that's friends, family, businesses or communities. Working here, you'll receive an attractive salary and a range of competitive benefits, but - more than that - you'll be joining an ambitious organisation with a culture of togetherness, collaboration and inclusivity, that takes a genuine and proactive interest in your progress and development. Benefits of working for BT include:
- Competitive salary and on-target bonus plan
- World-class training and development opportunities
- 25 days' annual leave (not including bank holidays)
- Discounted broadband, mobile and TV packages
- Car allowance (dependent on your role)
- Share option and pension scheme programmes
- Automatic enrolment into our 'Sales as Profession' community
- Flexible benefits to fit around you
BT has a key role in our society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do - and in the people who work here.
We're now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we're on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you're interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about what it's like to work at BT at https://www.btplc.com/Careercentre/lifeatbt/index.htm
How to Apply
It's easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don't worry if you need to make changes - you'll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. We look forward to receiving your application!
COVID-19 Notice: We've changed our recruitment process so that we can continue to offer exciting opportunities in BT. We've moved to 'virtual hiring' until further notice - which includes video interviews and virtual onboarding, to make sure that we maintain candidate and employee safety.
Job: Account management
Title: Senior Sales Account Manager (Central & Local Government)