Mitie has a great opportunity in Reading. We are looking for an experienced Officer to join the team on site. Your shift pattern will be discussed the interview, with a pay rate *from £9.00 *per hour. You will report into the sites security operation's manager.
Relief Security Officers must be available to cover various shift patterns as well as being flexible in their approach to working locations and potential changes to working patterns.
- The relief security officer will demonstrate their character as determined, trustworthy, attentive and approachable at all times when welcoming clients and customers - ensuring ID badges are created, allocated and collected when appropriate.
- As the first point of contact for to all customers and clients, the Security Agents must have geographically aware of their local surroundings.
- Travel to various corporate client sites to cover sickness, holiday and provide support to the core team when required.
- Must be able to man the phones, emails, IT systems, CCTV and Alarms, Doors and Car park if need be.
- The relief security officer must spot and stop all suspicious sightings or potential criminal activity and retain full control until the arrival of emergency services.
- Report to the Security Operations Manager - they must record, report and escalate all sightings and arrests on a regular basis.
- The relief security officer will need to be a team player with an enthusiastic attitude.
- The relief security officer should be able to work on own initiative.
- Corporate Security experience.
- Ability to travel to various sites.
- Flexible Approach to work to suit the business needs.
- Excellent communication skills are required both written and verbal.
- It is important the Security Officer is calm under pressure.
- Understand the Health and Safety at Work Act, relevant Criminal, Civil Law and Police and Criminal Evidence Act.
- Door Supervision or Security Guarding License essential.
- A Full UK Driving licence is required.
It's the little things that count -
On top of the usual rewards you'd expect to see from a large company, such as - holidays, pension, childcare vouchers and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people's well-being and enjoyment at work.
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder's role and/or the needs of the business.
For all internal applicants, please note Terms and Conditions are non-transferable