Spencer Clarke Group are currently recruiting for a Structural Engineer to work in the Caerphilly area.
A local authority based in Caerphilly have a fantastic opportunity for Structural Engineer to join their team
The post exists to provide and apply skills and knowledge to the work undertaken in the Structures section of the Engineering Projects Group. The post holder will provide expertise in the field of culvert maintenance (typically >900mm diameter) within an engineering consultancy environment. The work undertaken includes structural inspections, the design and assessment of structures and other civil engineering projects as well as the delivery of civil and structural engineering projects and highway structures management. The role includes overseeing supervising and training junior staff in the department and providing advice and support to other sections in the department.
• Provide expertise in the field of culvert maintenance within an engineering consultancy environment.
• Undertake structural surveys and defect reporting.
• Analyse and prove design solutions for a variety of situations, principally within the field of culvert maintenance but also bridge, wall and building structures if required. Checking designs prepared by others.
• Assist, undertake and contribute to the contract preparation and procurement of projects relating principally to culvert maintenance but also bridges, culverts and building structures and other miscellaneous engineering structures as required.
• Assist in the preparation and monitoring of fee bids and programmes in response to project briefs and the Highway Structures Service Level Agreement for Highway Structures Management.
• Supervise and assist in the training of junior staff, particularly graduate engineers and technicians.
• Use and interpret guidelines, standards, policies and procedures as required. Where necessary, recommend and/or produce policy, guidance and/or briefing notes.
• Assist, undertake and contribute to the preparation of desk top, feasibility and other special studies.
• Liaise with the Highways Operations Group, the Police and other bodies regarding temporary traffic management arrangements for projects and/or matters arising from management of highway structures.
• Undertake all duties in accordance with the Group’s Quality Assurance Systems and Performance Management Systems.
• Assist in the operation of systems, procedures and practices to ensure the compliance with the provisions of health and safety legislation and general risk management arrangements.
• Liaise between various stakeholders, clients and other external organisations to ensure a high standard of service delivery is achieved.
• Deputise for the Principal Engineer (Structures) and/or Senior Engineer (Structures) when required.
• Assist and undertake in the site supervision, contract administration, the checking of compliance with Specification, the admeasurement of completed works, checking of submitted accounts and making recommendations for payment.
• Provide advice and support to other sections and to liaise with and use expertise from joint engineering service providers as appropriate.
• Access structures in sometimes isolated and difficult locations, such as river bridges and culverts and access into confined spaces (training will be given).
• Undertake or assist with topographical, drainage and condition surveys.
• Prepare information for and undertake public consultation exercises and Councillor liaison on engineering proposals and in response to Customer Care queries.
• Assist and undertake in the checking of tenders, the evaluation process, making recommendations and preparation of tender assessment reports.
If your interested in the role and would like to apply please email your up to date CV to email@example.com or call Chris on 01772 954 200