We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed Bank Maintenance Assistant who will ensure that our high standards throughout Wimborne House are consistently met. Wimborne House is a Retirement Living Scheme, offering independent living apartments for people aged 55 and over.
The role of Bank Maintenance Assistant will include:
• Undertaking site repairs and maintenance duties
• Identifying potential maintenance issues and liaising with any necessary specialists or contractors
• Carrying out planned routine works such as decorating
• Assisting in scheduled building checks and audits, ensuring safe and secure environments
• Occasional gardening duties
• Serving as point of contact for contractors who are on site
• Although this role is scheme based, some travel to another location may be required
Skills and experiences:
• Previous experience in a maintenance position is essential
• Prior experience identifying and carrying out repairs
• Experience operating hand tools and light machinery
• Good customer service and communication skills
• Ability to work alone and as part of a team
• Working knowledge of UK Health and Safety legislation
• Occasional travel may be a requirement of the role, therefore a full valid driving licence is desirable
Why work for Sanctuary Retirement Living?
Sanctuary Retirement Living services provide comfort, independence and peace of mind. Residents live independently, safe in the knowledge that support is available in their home should they need it. Spacious apartments with on-site communal facilities create an environment where residents can enjoy healthy, active and independent lifestyles in their later years.
Ready to join Sanctuary Retirement Living?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary Retirement Living a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
• Health and well-being plans
• A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
• A wide range of learning and development opportunities
We are proud to support the Department of Health and Social Care’s #everydayisdifferent campaign to encourage more people to apply to work in adult social care. If you’re considering a caring career, we have many rewarding roles at Sanctuary Retirement Living.
Closing Date: 4 October 2020
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
For an insight into what it’s like to work for Sanctuary Retirement Living, visit our website, take a look at our Facebook page or search #LifeatSanctuary