Do you have experience in Conference & Events Management?
Are you looking for a Conference & Events Service Manager role that will offer you Flexibility, variety, diversity and where you can stamp you mark on the Food & Beverage department?
Based in Dorking this role will work across a number of food & beverage functions, in a FTSE 100 Company with a Global footprint that specialise in delivering exceptional services to its guests.
As Conference & Events Service Manager you will be managing the day to day meetings and events operations ensuring effective control of payroll and expenses whilst maintaining the highest standards to ensure guest expectations are consistently exceeded.
Working closely with the operations team, you'll be committed to maintaining a fully functioning and efficient Conference & Eventso department, with the emphasis on the guest experience.
This role will give a great opportunity for a Food & Beverage Service Manager to coach and lead the food & beverage team and play a major part in the hotel’s growth and development.
Will work across all food and beverage areas: M&E | Club Lounge | Pantry | Minibar?
- Applicable to meetings and events department and within the context of other objectives set by leader, assigns tasks, and monitors departmental progress against performance metrics ?
- Accountable for the day to day performance of meetings, weddings and events and other agreed divisions, working alongside the team delivering results?
- Accountable for the rostering of all team members to ensure the most effective and efficient use of resources to consistently deliver brand standards and exceed guest expectation through service?
- Responsible to ensure that the team have the tools they need to do their work right?
- Consistent delivery of operational training needs for all departmental team member
- Ensures work of team is performed consistently within expected standard?
- Engages with prospective and confirmed clients to support in the planning of meetings, weddings and social events?
- Strives to and succeeds in improving processes, systems and product?
- With first-hand experience,recognises departmental challenges and solves multiple undefined problems that may span multiple workflows?
- Conducts performance reviews, regular check-ins and responsible for engagement of the team for which they have accountability?
- Delivers in the moment coaching to the team as well as regular individual and group trainings?
- Shows awareness of market trends and can implement new initiatives ?
- Thorough knowledge of statutory regulations ensuring the business is always operated within the law ?
- Ensures work of team is performed consistently within expected standards?
- Steps up to leads food and beverage department when required?
- Ensure on-boarding delivered and first 90 days colleague experience is delivered
- Demonstrates collaboration with other departments
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience managing a people focused Food & Beverage team and have strong people management experience.
- To have 2 years management experience of one or more food and beverage departments for in a global hotel brand of the same classification (as minimum)
- Can perform a variety of activities as needed, as a minimum; supervise a large-scale meeting, wedding or social event and host and supervise a service across all meal periods
- Personal license holder preferred
- Market Leading Salary
- Flexible Guaranteed 30 Hour Contract with opportunity to Flex up with Business Needs.
- Opportunities for promotion and transfer across the group
- Company Pension scheme
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (Increasing with Service to a Max 33 Days)
- Discounted international/worldwide room rates for yourself, family and friends
- Access to our Voluntary Benefits portal which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Long service awards which increase with length of service
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop your career.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Conference & Events Service Manager,?then please click ‘apply’ now!
We’d love to hear from you!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK
This job was originally posted as www.caterer.com/job/90835826