Join an OUTSTANDING Devon home!
Heanton Nursing Home, Heanton Punchardon, North Devon EX31 4DJ
Heanton Nursing Home in Devon has recently received an overall rating of OUTSTANDING following inspection by the Care Quality Commission. It was reported that “staff offered care and support which is exceptionally caring and compassionate. People mattered, and staff had a detailed understanding of people’s likes, preferences and wishes”.
The home has recently been refurbished and purposefully redesigned throughout in order to provide an excellent level of person-centred care for people needing care.
We are now looking for motivated and enthusiastic individuals who are emotionally intelligent, passionate about care and making a difference in other people’s lives.
Ethical Responsibilities for Heanton Nurses (RGN/RMN/Staff Nurse):
To promote individual independence, dignity and respect by delivering the highest possible standards of care to the people living at Heanton Nursing Home (Devon).
Taking responsibility to ensure the well-being of the people living at Heanton Nursing Home (Devon), including making sure their physical, emotional and social needs are met.
Benefits for Heanton Nurses (RGN/ RMN/Staff Nurse):
Just some of the benefits of working at Heanton Nursing Home (Devon) include:
· Excellent Hourly Rate
· Paid breaks!
· Bank Holiday Enhancement
· Free DBS
· Automatic enrolment into our pension scheme
· Complimentary meals
· Unlimited access to our Refer a Friend bonus scheme - £50 each
· Full-time, part-time and Bank hours offered
· Relocation assistance offered
Training & Development for Heanton Nurses (RGN/RMN/Staff Nurse):
In 2015, we received clear feedback from our team that eLearning alone did not equip them with the skills to support the people that choose to live with us; eLearning did not equip them for the emotional challenges that they would face on a daily basis.
So, we began to develop our own in-house learning and development programme. That programme is now in its fourth year and has seen the wellbeing of both family members and team members increase exponentially. Our training is for all team members across all grades, all departments, all age groups and all genders. We invite you to read more about our training academy by following the following link Evolve Training Academy.
We also have medically trained Care Practitioners to assist with nurse duties.
Schemes for Heanton Nurses (RGN/RMN/Staff Nurse):
· Refer a Friend scheme – recommend an individual to come and work with us and you can be entitled to £50 worth of vouchers each.
· Refer a Person scheme - recommend an individual to come and live with us and you can be entitled to £100 worth of vouchers.
· National Care Benevolent Fund - we are proud to be a founding member of the NCBF which provides for those in the care sector who may fall upon hard times.
· Subsidy Fund - provides a service to all individuals that can be used to subsidise the ever-increasing cost of providing excellent quality care.
· Empowerment & Leadership training days - paid for group away days focusing on empowering all team members to give the best levels of care and an opportunity to learn and reflect on different methods.
· Newly refurbished home
· A mixture of single, double and en-suite rooms
· All rooms have a nurse call point
· Assisted shower and bathrooms
· Choice of lounges with plasma screen televisions
· Choice of formal and informal dining rooms with an extensive choice of freshly home-cooked meals
· Visiting hair-dresser
· Beautifully kept garden areas with various fruit trees
· To have a genuine passion to care for people
· Valid NMC Pin
· Be able to communicate at all levels
· Be a team player
· Have exceptional organisational skills
· Willing to participate in Vocational Training Programmes