When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Senior Finance Analyst to join the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team within our Centre of Excellence in Paisley. You will support senior leaders in data analytics, financial reporting and forecasting processes to help shape the commercial success of the business. This role would suit an individual with a passion for data analytics and a real desire to build a career and succeed within a fast paced, innovative global FP&A function.
The FP&A team have a critical role in helping Thermo Fisher to achieve our mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
You'll use your expertise in the collection, analysis and management of quantitative financial data, as you create meaningful reports,
What you will do:
Who we are looking for:
- Lead the forecasting, planning and analysis processes to support commercial business partners and senior leaders
- Design, development, distribution and maintenance of a comprehensive suite of standard and ad-hoc analytical reporting to inform senior leadership and fulfil global commercial requirements
- Using continuous innovation in your area of expertise you will drive business improvements, identifying opportunities to reduce costs and increase productivity
- Lead the development of all key financial performance metrics and planning, forecasting and reporting models
- You'll own the continuous development of efficient reporting tools to support decision-making, working with data source providers and technology teams, ensuring that key financial decision data is accurate, automated and delivered in a timely fashion
- Wherever possible driving automation into the team's processes to ensure that manual analysis is being focused on value add activities.
- Business partnering with key internal and external stakeholders and provide commercial support to functional teams as required
- As an analyst, you're a quick thinker: able to manage competing priorities while providing level-headed guidance, even during unexpected events.
What we offer:
- Data management experience and the ability to manage large sets of data, creating accurate reports with responsibility for the quality and integrity of deliverables
- Highly analytical and detail-oriented, you possess a strong business sense,
- You combine your professional competency with an ability to develop new ideas, and creative solutions: you also have a track record of implementing these to great effect,
- Organised multitasker: you prioritise your workload, enabling you to meet tight deadlines, while achieving results, especially in a fast-paced, high-growth environment,
- You've gained significant, relevant experience in similar business analyst positions,
- Demonstrable financial acumen, including deep familiarity with concepts of forecasting, budgeting and variance analysis, as well as in root cause data interpretation,
- Advanced Excel essential, with VBA skills preferred
- Prior knowledge of SQL/ETL would be beneficial, a willingness to learn this essential
- You're comfortable performing ad hoc financial analysis using data reporting tools
- Team player and customer oriented with strong sense of company identity
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet the needs of the business
- University level qualification in Finance, Statistics, Economics or Maths preferred
- Preferred previous experience in an FP&A role
- Flexible working
- Free car parking
- On site gym – subsidised
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Generous Annual Incentive Plan
- A variety of flexible benefits
As the world leader in serving science, our work is more than something that fills our days. When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. It’s not just a career, it’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.
Join us and contribute to our mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.