The purpose of the post is to provide a comprehensive IT Support Service for all Staff and Students within Local Education Establishment.
The role is an ongoing temporary role with an immediate start.
The main duties and responsibilities are to:
1. Provide a polite and professional customer focused second line IT Support service to staff and students.
2. Log, actively respond to and where possible resolve, incoming technical telephone calls, emails, voicemails etc. via the College’s helpdesk system.
3. Keep users informed on the progress of helpdesk requests and escalate problems or high priority calls to the IT Support Manager or IT Systems and Infrastructure Manager as appropriate.
4. Install, configure and maintain IT related hardware / software to ensure operational effectiveness to the highest possible standard and in accordance with IT policies.
5. Support the College’s VoIP and mobile telephone systems including troubleshooting and maintenance of basic voice/data cabling faults, patching, testing and tracing.
6. Liaise and work with 3rd party vendors to resolve hardware or software issues.
7. Maintain and support College AV equipment including interactive whiteboards, projectors, digital cameras, DVD players etc.
8. Assist directly in the effective delivery of a helpdesk service and contribute to effective team work and a service oriented culture within the IT Services Team.
9. Assist in the maintenance of the College’s inventory / asset register and related documentation ensuring that records are updated as necessary.
10. As and when required, produce documentation around technical procedures relevant to the role to contribute towards the department’s procedure manual.
11. Contribute to the planning and implementation of future IT projects & developments.
12. Collaborate with colleague’s within the IT Systems and Infrastructure team to ensure helpdesk jobs are dealt with efficiently.
13. Assist the IT Support Manager in the arrangement and delivery of training for staff as needed.
1. Use, install and maintain software according to manufacturer/vendor licensing regulations and ensure that any appropriate Copyright is adhered to.
2. Follow strictly the requirements of the College’s health and safety policy and comply with the College financial regulations.
3. Promote a positive image of the College in all contacts with students, staff, employers and professional bodies.
4. Attend and Participate in both departmental and College wide meetings.
5. Actively participate in staff development activities and undertake further training as part of your continuing professional development.
6. Work flexibly in order to satisfy the organisational needs, including enrolment and evening or occasional weekend work.
7. To maintain confidentiality of information acquired in the course of undertaking duties