About The Role
At GVC, our Retail Customer Service Managers are great listeners, part of their local community, helping everyone be part of the entertainment we provide. They keep it real. Bring your character to a Retail Customer Service Manager role and you can be yourself, building relationships with our customers and making sure that they enjoy our products and services responsibly. With flexibility, energy and great customer focus, we’ll support you to build a great career. For the good of entertainment.
Live chat with someone in our team now to find out more!
Our Customer Service Managers are the face of our business, responsible for providing the best possible customer experience.
What will you be doing?
- Delivering consistently exceptional customer service and ensuring a great customer journey, resolving complaints and issues when necessary.
- Taking bets on a wide range of sports and events
- Ensuring compliance with the following;
- Health and Safety procedures
- Responsible Gambling and Self-Exclusion Guidelines
- Security procedures
- Think 21
- Cost Control
- Maintaining high shop standards, taking pride in the shop and ensuring all colleagues adhere to the company uniform policy.
- Ensuring the shop is clean and a shop tidy is completed at regular intervals when on duty.
- Ensuring the Customer Service Managers understand the company’s product offering, both in shop and online to enable them to have confident conversations with customers.
- Supervising the shop & team in the absence of the Shop Manager to maximise shop profitability, through promotion of products.
- Contributing to a safe and enjoyable environment where colleagues and customers feel welcomed and engaged.
- Having commercial awareness and understanding how they can personally impact the shop’s profitability.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Passion for delivering great customer service
- The ability to build strong relationships and communicate effectively
- Self-motivated with strong organisation skills
- Happy to work autonomously or part of team
- The ability to adapt and learn
- Ability to deal with tough situations in a calm and professional manner
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Pension Scheme
- Specsavers Eye care Vouchers
- Reward Arena Scheme - Allowing discounts to over 500 different retailers
- Performance based cash incentives paid every pay run
- Overtime subject to availability
- Staff recognition award nights
- A clear and achievable career path
- Full and comprehensive training programme:
- 2 days Face to Face Induction session with a Regional Trainer to give you the best start when joining the business.
- All new starters complete a blended online and on the job journey, with the goal to becoming signed off to duty manager in 8 weeks; with dynamic web based content on the Ladbrokes Coral Academy and support from your colleagues.
- Ongoing performance development with your Line Manager to receive regular feedback and plan your personal development.
- An advancement programme to take you on a structured journey to becoming a Marketplace Manager of the future or even the potential for advancement to other parts of the business.
- The LCG Huddle (the company intranet) is available 24/7 so that you can access information on development tools and advice and gain even more knowledge and access to the wider business.
In Most of our shops opening hours are between 8am - 10pm Monday to Sunday.
In this role you will work 4 out of 7 days, which will include weekend and Bank Holidays.
Shifts are devised on a rota basis and will change weekly in order to keep shifts fair across the team.
You must be 18 years old or over to work in one of our betting shops.
About The Company
As a global employer, GVC is committed to providing a motivating and inclusive workplace. We are a multicultural business that values, celebrates and respects individual differences, so whatever your sexuality, gender, gender identity, ability, age, race, religion or belief, we want to hear from you. Our diverse internal networks provide the support for you to Get Involved in GVC life and for you to support others to Do What’s Right, all For The Good Of Entertainment.