Location: Flexible, Field based customer facing role
Do you want to work for a global company where promoting gender equality is central to our vision of creating a truly diverse and inclusive business ? Where everyone matters, and everyone belongs.
More from us : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzZfovyFZcY
Eaton is a power management company actively engaged in the transition towards a low-carbon energy future across the world. We have a particular focus on enabling the energy transition in buildings with our advanced technology portfolio including: renewable energy integration, energy storage, EnergyAware UPS, microgrids and electrical vehicle charging infrastructure.
As the Control Engineer- Field Service, you will provide valuable services to the customers by conducting actual field visits. You will conduct installation, repair, maintenance of various equipment connected to Energy Transition in Buildings (ETiB) and ensure that they are functioning properly. You will also be in charge of commissioning and maintenance site works related to EATON scope which includes delivery of EV chargers, Energy storage product, Energy management control system and technical support services.
As the Control Engineer-Field Service yo will also coordinate with the main installer/contractors and internal organization the delivery of EATON scope on time, quality and budget.
Your key deliverables:
- Perform site commissioning service for ETiB system such as firmware update, setting-up system communications, installation supervision (Electrical and mechanical), system end-to-end testing control testing
- Provide optimum service support for customers through phone, personal visits, etc.
- Develop service related trainings to field staffs as well as customers
- Perform service activities according to company policies and safety standards
- Develop documentations for service related issues and resolutions
- Investigate and troubleshoot product service issues, identify problems and record solutions for reference purposes
- Educate customer representative about the product usage and maintenance
- Stay updated on industry standards and technical service knowledge
- Address customer inquiries in a timely manner
- Coordinate with various teams to fix product issues and inform management on product service issues as observed through interaction with client
- Lead project execution acting as customer main contact for the assigned order for technical and commercial aspects.
- Support whenever possible sales activity by participating in sales visits and business development events
Do you have?
- Degree in a relevant subject such as Automation Control, Electronic Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Proven experience related to project coordination and site management
- End-to-end system testing experience
- PLC programming experience (XSOFT-CODESYS experience is a plus)
- Experience working with remote monitoring and control systems
- Operational experience with ModBus TCP/IP communication protocol and capability to set-up and fix IP networks
- Technical Project Management experience/certification would be a plus
- Good communication skills, Customer focus, Result oriented, analytical and ability to perform under high pressure
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it's about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look-from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day-you'll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That's why Eaton is dedicated to improving people's lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We're ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we're committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Sales EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.