Head of Commercial
£80,000 - £87,300 + Senior Package
I have been asked to support finding a Head of Commercial who will provide expert commercial advice and commercial team leadership for a division of a tier 1 infrastructure organisation. You will be a key member of the senior management team and will hold accountability for all pre and post tender commercial activities. This is a challenging senior management position that will focus on securing and delivering national contracts in the UK and Ireland within the exciting and ever-growing sector of Green Energy.
The Green Energy sector is a new and emerging market for our client, they already lead the industry nationally in essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors.
With business attention currently on projects such as District Heating and Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure, they provide neat solutions for the supply of low-carbon heat to homes, businesses and public buildings and deliver the future power infrastructure for low emission motoring.
The role on offer provides without doubt an exciting opportunity to commercially advance a new business unit with motivating growth plans.
As Head of Commercial you can expect your role to be:
- Direct management of a team consisting of Estimators, Quantity Surveyors and Commercial Administrators.
- Building strong relationships with Client, Supplier and Joint Venture counterparts.
- Providing commercial input with bids and contracts to ensure robust pricing, risk management and governance.
- Responsible for commercial influences around Cost and Value reporting and changes.
- To ensure all the businesses and client processes are followed to minimise WIP.
- Oversee production and presentation of Cost and Value Reports (CVRs).
- Oversee the procurement and management of Sub-contractors, Suppliers and Joint Venture partners.
- Develop and implement changes to process, following an understanding of a need to improve performance.
- Management of the Early Warning and Compensation Event processes.
- Client, Supplier and Joint Venture partner negotiation with regard to additional works, claims or variations to terms and conditions.
The skills and knowledge you will need for this role:
- Extensive senior level Commercial Management experience within a civil engineering environment.
- Knowledge of the Green Energy Sector (Desirable)
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of NEC, ICE & JCT suite of contracts, Performance Bonds, Parent Company Guarantees and Insurances.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- An understanding of all relevant statutory, regulatory and company policies and guidelines.
- The ability and desire to identify opportunities for improvement, and influence change.
- Knowledge of service delivery within the utilities sector.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Team player and relationship builder.
- Excellent foresight and ability to plan ahead.
- Degree in Commercial Management / Quantity Surveying or other construction related subject.
- RICS Accreditation (Desirable)
If you are a senior commercial individual who can demonstrate that you meet the brief and you have a desire to be a part of something fresh and different, then we’d be pleased to hear from you.