Trojan designs and manufactures pressurized and open-channel UV disinfection systems for municipal wastewater and drinking water, as well as UV-oxidation systems for environmental contaminant treatment and potable and non-potable reuse applications. We have the largest municipal UV installation base in the world and are proud to play an important role in continually advancing UV disinfection technology. TrojanUV is part of the Trojan Technologies group of businesses.
The successful candidate oversees onsite service during installation, start-up, warranty, and post-warranty phases for all product lines offered by the company as well as proactively manage and promote service offerings throughout all territories and regions. The on-site work includes electrical and mechanical service, and advanced troubleshooting procedures, effective reporting and training support to the owner's personnel, Regional Technical Specialists, Rep Technicians and Independent Contractors through all phases of equipment life cycle.
- Proactively manages service territory and on-site customer service relationships, promoting Trojan Technologies service offerings and AMPs; collaborates with Regional Sales Manager and provides value selling assistance to achieve YoY Service and AMP revenue growth targets
- Actively carries out advanced electrical / mechanical troubleshooting, analysis and provides recommendations on all product lines supported by Trojan Technologies.
- Provides detailed reports, analysis and recommends follow up action items to address complex site issues to achieve customer satisfaction
- Carries out and / or supervises equipment start up procedures as specified in the work order or job scope documents
- Implements parts replenishment initiatives as required and assists the customer to determine the correct part numbers and install the parts if required
- Conducts comprehensive training of on-site personnel focusing on product knowledge transfer, equipment operations and maintenance, new procedures, component identification / description, electrical, mechanical, controls and troubleshooting
- Provides "Classroom" Trainings to our customer and service reps if required
- Effectively diagnoses and troubleshoots system components utilizing complex diagnostic equipment and actively pursues solutions for complex operational issues
- Prepares Start-up and Service reports for all work completed in the field
- Provides written feedback to Trojan Engineering and Production departments regarding quality control or operational problems with the equipment in the field. Recommends changes in the design or assembly of equipment required to improve performance
- Develops effective working relationships in the field with customer personnel, contractors and service providers to achieve customer satisfaction
- Performs commissioning level services and provides mentoring services and technical assistance at customer sites
- Provides telephone support for customer and sales & service reps
- Delivers Emergency Rapid Response if / as required
- Ensures availability of appropriate documentation prior to site visits
- Adheres to all applicable Health & safety policies
- Assembles and dismantles the Demonstration Units at the tradeshows in Europe where Trojan exhibits
- The candidate will be required to travel extensively throughout Europe
- Completion of technical training seminars regarding Trojan product lines and required controls platforms
- 3 to 5 years of experience and demonstrated track record in actively managing and executing work plans within service territory and growing service-related revenues in water/wastewater industry
- Strong customer service skills and acumen with demonstrated conflict management and negotiation skills
- Post-secondary accreditation in an Electrical / Electronic discipline
- Minimum of 5 years' demonstrable experience in a field related to electrical / mechanical systems with direct relevant experience in Electrical Analysis and Troubleshooting. Ability to carry out safety checks on electrical equipment according to the national and local regulations.
- Accreditation on PLC's (Siemens / Allen Bradley / Mitsubishi)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to relate well to both the customer, and to all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated presentation skills, including the ability to communicate with learners from various technical backgrounds: i.e., discussion leading, questioning, responding and fielding skills
- Health and Safety awareness training, more formal certification an advantage
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The "EEO is the Law" poster is available here.