Location: UK, Flexible
Do you want to work for a global company where promoting gender equality is central to our vision of creating a truly diverse and inclusive business ? Where everyone matters, and everyone belongs.
More from us : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzZfovyFZcY
Eaton is a power management company actively engaged in the transition towards a low-carbon energy future across the world. We have a particular focus on enabling the energy transition in buildings with our advanced technology portfolio including: renewable energy integration, energy storage, EnergyAware UPS, microgrids and electrical vehicle charging infrastructure.
The Policy Communications Manager's primary function is to communicate Eaton's unique ETiB (Energy Transition in Building) value proposition to target buyers and specifiers. The role will also be Eaton's subject matter expert on public policy relating to the ETiB business and build relationships with the most important identified European policymakers, regulators, online influencers and journalists.
The role will be part of the EMEA marketing communications and public affairs team, but will be expected to work closely with the relevant segment and business unit marketing teams as well as senior leadership to develop the copy and forge the external stakeholder relationships needed to meet the communications and public affairs objectives for Eaton's fast growing ETiB business. The Policy Communications Manager will be expected to maintain a very good knowledge of the sector dynamics, technologies, opportunities, customer and partner issues, business drivers and competitors.
Your key deliverables:
- Copywriting - authoring of regular flow of high quality search optimized content (articles, blogs, white papers) that clearly explains Eaton's unique value proposition to target buyers.
- Policy communications - develop written responses to public policy consultations and internal public policy documents setting out Eaton's core regulatory and policy positions relating to ETiB. Where appropriate build direct relationships with key policy officers and regulators at EU level on behalf of Eaton and/or direct our external public affairs agency to achieve the same objectives
- Media relations - build direct relationships with the most senior energy editors at top international business and trade media covering the ETiB market. Work closely with our external PR agency partners to ensure they are equipped to achieve the same objectives with the broader target media in all relevant markets.
- Influencer relations - build direct relationships with the most important online influencers covering the electric vehicle charging market
Do you have?
- A Bachelor's / Master's Degree in economics, political science, journalism or related discipline
- Proven experience in public affairs, journalism or communications (either in-house, at an agency or in journalism)
- Deep knowledge of energy markets and regulation as well as first rate proven English copywriting skills, ideally gained through several years of experience in journalism or related area
- Passion, energy, agility, intellectual curiosity and a highly collaborative approach to managing relationships with both internal and external stakeholders. Willing to combine strategic thinking with a hands-on approach
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it's about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for job applicants and employees. Our recruitment processes use balanced selection criteria and avoid unlawful discrimination against applicants on the basis of their age, colour, disability, marital status, national origin, gender, gender identity, genetic information, race or racial origin, religion, sexual orientation or any other status protected or required by law.We make what matters work. Everywhere you look-from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day-you'll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That's why Eaton is dedicated to improving people's lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We're ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we're committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Sales EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.