To have control and maintain professional standards of operational areas and undertake the correct action in the event of an emergency
- Key duties
- Managing incidents as they arise
- Access control management
- Site patrols
- Maintenance of Client quality control standards and company procedures
- Ensure the safety of staff, visitors and property
- To act within the authorities set out by management and the company’s working procedures
- Promote the client in a positive manner
- Undertaking any other reasonable security functions as required by security management team and client.
Established in 1994, Axis Security has grown to become one of the UK’s leading security companies. Axis Security offers a wide range of professional security services which include manned guarding, reception services, mobile patrols, key holding, remote monitoring, and security systems.
Axis Security has been named Security Guarding Company of the Year at the 2018 Security Excellence Awards (SEA) years.
Axis Security also won the award for ACS Champion of the year in 2017 for its commitment to raising standards and creating a safer environment.
We are an ‘Equal Opportunities’ employer.
Location: West Lothian and surrounding areas
Hours: To meet the needs of the business.
Principle accountabilities /Main tasks
What we need from you:
- Greet all staff and visitors
- Inspect all passes
- Assists with any enquiries
- Log and announce visitors out of hours
- Access Control
- Internal and External foot patrol
- Monitoring and use of CCTV, fire intruder and other electronic systems
- Responding quickly and effectively to emergency situations and assisting with fire evacuation procedures
- The implementation of Health and Safety, Fire Regulations and other in-house safety/environmental policies
- Compliance with the Data Protection Act and CCTV code of practice
- Report to the development Management Team and Security Manager any fabric and electronic security defects.
- Act with integrity and professionalism at all times.
Always arrive for shift on time.
Qualifications, knowledge and experience:
- Book on duty using the automated system as per section on the contract AI’s.
- Provide full handover at end of shift
- Follow the directions of the Supervisor/Control Room/Management
- Wear the correct uniform for the duties in the correct way
- Ensure you have your valid SIA License and valid Company ID on display whilst on duty.
- Take the break for the prescribed time and no longer
- Only smoke in designated smoking areas and NEVER on duty while on post.
- Do not chew gum, eat or drink on post, No personal telephones or lean on buildings
- Maintain high level of discipline, this includes excellent appearance, excellent timekeeping, excellent attendance and professional conduct at all times.
- Able to work as part of a team to deliver the best possible level of service
- Able to contribute with any level of ideas that may improve the level of service.
- Has high level of customer services skills
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have excellent telephone manners and face-to-face customer care duties.
- Carry out patrols and investigations as required
- Report and maintain a written record of all faults / incidents
- Ask for advice from Supervisor/Contract management Team when uncertain
- Have a working knowledge of the Assignment Instructions
- Follow emergency procedures as required
- Check all electronic patrol points when on patrol
- Ensure personal and public safety in the carrying out of duties
- To carry out reception duties when required
- Current valid SIA license
- Knowledge of AIs
- Customer Focus
- Previous experience of working in security environment
- Good communications skills
- Basic computer literacy required. Experience of various software packages, with excellent keyboard skills desirable
- “Can do” attitude
- Calm under pressure
- Know when to call assistance,
- Work as part of a team
- Can follow instructions
- Conflict Management
- Client focus
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within a security environment.
- Minimum of 12 months competence position training.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Educated to ‘GCSE’ standard – articulate and literate.
- Basic computer literacy required. Experience of various software packages, with excellent keyboard skills desirable.
- Valid SIA security license.
Rate of Pay differs from site to site. You shall be paid on the assigned rate for the site you are based on for that shift.