Large global manufacturing company in Scunthorpe are looking to recruit a 9 month Interim Project Accountant with experience of SAP ECC6 and shared services. This role can work remotely with occasional office visits
This individual takes a leading role in managing key finance led projects as well as assisting with core functional activities.
This role is critical in driving process efficiency, delivering training on SAP & process flows, system development and ensuring projects are delivered on time & to budget.
- Lead and manage the delivery of key finance led projects, working with a wide variety of both internal and external stakeholders, in particular acting as a key point of escalation for business and process issues, managing and driving any actions through to resolution and ensuring performance levels are sufficiently high
- Develop and improve current SAP system processes including, but not restricted to, Purchase to Pay, Order to Cash, Banking, Master Data Management, Expenses and Record to Report process flows
- Partner with other colleagues in Finance, Sales & Marketing, Supply Chain, Procurement, IT and other business partners as appropriate.
- Participate as a key thought leader of the finance team, influencing decision making and identifying finance priorities
- Develop the current SAP functionality to deliver insightful reporting and reduce time spent on manual processes
- Identify and drive continuous improvement opportunities e.g. improve performance and efficiencies across the business and save costs where applicable
- Deliver training on SAP and key process flows (related to PTP, OTC, RTR etc) for onshore and offshore colleagues
We are looking for candidates with the following background;
- SAP and other transactional financial systems experience
- Working with offshore teams
- Comprehensive understanding of commercial, credit control and transactional activities
- Strong commercial acumen and business awareness
- Successfully delivered training to onshore & offshore teams
- Comfortable coaching and developing colleagues
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90906904