Established in 1994, Axis Security has grown to become one of the UK’s leading security companies. Axis Security offers a wide range of professional security services which include manned guarding, reception services, mobile patrols, key holding, remote monitoring, and security systems.
Axis Security has been named Security Guarding Company of the Year at the 2018 Security Excellence Awards (SEA) years.
Axis Security also won the award for ACS Champion of the year in 2017 for its commitment to raising standards and creating a safer environment.
We are an ‘Equal Opportunities’ employer.
Job title: Security Officer
Location: Corsham, Wiltshire SN13
Our client is a leading UK Data Centres Company specialising in building and operating highly secure and efficient UK data centres. Axis Security are now recruiting experienced Full-time/Permanent Security Officers to join their professional team, providing a high quality, efficient and customer focused service.
Pay: £9.92 per hour
Hours: Average 56 hours per week
As a Full-time/Permanent Security Officer you will be an important member of a professional security team, delivering site-based security operations, covering both physical and control room functions. The position is at a static site based at one location, you will need to be flexible and be able to cover shifts both days (06.30 – 18.30) and nights (18.30 – 06.30).
- Punctuality: - Arrives before the shift start time, books on duty and is active on site at the shift start time, complying with ‘Assignment Instructions’.
- Communication: - Is polite at all times, demonstrates quality customer service, has the ability to communicate clearly and concisely. Escalates any issues of concern or risk to the relevant management.
- Deters Crime:- Appears focused and alert, seeks to identify potential risks and takes action to mitigate any threat.
- Maintains DOB:- Completes an entry for each day, documents license declaration, records breaks and all relevant daily operational information.
- Dress Code:- Is dressed in required uniform including correct shoes. Maintains good personal hygiene and cleanliness of uniform.
To be suitable for this role you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be smart and well presented at all times
- Have an SIA SG/DS/CP license and SIA CCTV license.
- Be polite, helpful and diligent, with a ‘can do’ ethos
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Be able to provide the highest standard in customer service
- Have previous experience in the security industry
- Be flexible and reliable to meet the role requirements
- Have a calm personality capable of controlling difficult situations
- Be able to work without supervision and also as a member of a team
- Have a full five year checkable work history and required documentation to be vetted
-Undergo security screening to BS7858