Wood are currently seeking expressions of interest for Principal Piping Engineer services to facilitate work on an upcoming FEED project. This will be a contract position for 2 - 3 months. The role will be based in the Wood Darlington office, with remote working required.
Services to be provided:
- Provide piping engineering services on a FEED project
- Act as discipline representative to the client and project
- Act as interface and liaison with the IOC piping team
- Detailed knowledge of FEED and EPC projects in a Brownfield environment.
- Detailed knowledge of Piping Design and Plant Layout aspects
- Proven understanding of Pipe Specification and component selection
- Proven skill at support selection
- Capable of pipe routing of all major process and utility piping in accordance with P&ID's and project standards, including specific service conditions and impact on piping design
- Possess management skills and the ability to deliver projects
- Issue clear directions on targets, communicate concisely and develop the piping teams in both the UK and India on projects
- Maintain a strong work ethic and understand team dynamics and adjust behaviour to gain maximum advantage
- Experienced in carrying out site surveys safely in a live operating plant.
- Demonstrate relevant experience in oil and gas and or petrochemical industry
- Demonstrate relevant experience with 2D and 3D design projects
- Experience must include similar projects as lead piping engineer
- Thorough understanding of Equipment typically encountered in projects and understand any special requirements that these may bring (Vibration / Maintenance / Piping configuration
- Ability to deal with resolution of technical and contractual issues and policing of the design to ensure compliance with project requirements
- Conversant with ASME B31.3 Design code requirements.
- Proven ability to engage in effective dealings with both client / owner and detail design contractors
- Must be able to work with the minimum of supervision and be technically strong
- Educated to a minimum HNC in an Engineering based subject or an ONC in an Engineering subject with extensive experience in a similar role.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Requisition ID: 2020-78802
Name: Agency / Contract
External Company Name: Wood Plc
External Company URL: http://www.woodplc.com/