Senior BI Developer
Business intelligence / BI / SQL / SQL Server / Data warehouse / ETL / Reporting / SSAS / SSRS / SSIS
Home based for now - will be expected in 2-3 days a week when company transition back into office working
Experis IT are currently recruiting for a Senior Business Intelligence Developers to join one of our key Financial Services clients based in Wolverhampton.
This role is for a Business Intelligence (BI) Senior Developer who will be responsible for leading the provision of reporting solutions across a significant area of the business.
Working in a team whose skills span the BI spectrum: ranging from complex database and SQL administration/development using Microsoft SQL Server, to inspiring visualisations currently delivered using TIBCO potfire. The role will be required to be hands-on in the architecture, design and delivery of data transformation and visualisations, working flexibly with a varied workload in an environment which is vibrant and agile.
- To have responsibility for the delivery of BI into a significant business stream, working with available tools to design, develop, unit test, implement, and maintain BI solutions.
- To work with senior business managers and the Business Architect to identify appropriate solutions to strategic and operational requirements.
- To provide technical leadership in development and operation across the Microsoft SQL stack and contemporary visualisation tools.
- To work proactively with Change Management Project Managers and Business Analysts in the delivery of agreed solutions.
- To maintain the integrity of both the design and the data that is held within the architecture.
- To build a technical relationship with senior business users and provide them with technical advice and guidance
- To provide design mentoring and guidance to BI developers in the team.
- To collaborate and feedback with/to necessary stakeholders regarding requirements, solutions, issues, and progress.
- To challenge working practices, processes, tools, technologies etc in order to improve the quality and volume of output.
- To maintain documentation (user manuals, processes, data dictionaries etc) with regards to BI solutions.
- To establish effective working relationships with other colleagues and internal teams to drive improved efficiency and effective processes.
- Ensure that you fully understand and comply with the organisation's Data Governance Policies as they relate to your area of responsibility and demonstrate in your day to day work that you treat data as an important corporate asset which must be protected and managed.
- 5 years strong experience in leading the design and development of BI solutions within data presentation tools is essential (SSRS, essential; TIBCO Spotfire, desirable),
- 5 years strong experience in the design, development and maintenance of ETL processes is essential
- 2 years good experience of working in a formal change management process is essential
- 2 years good experience of working in a formal release process is essential
- 2 years strong experience of work estimation for future development planning is essential
- 2 years strong experience of stakeholder management with Project Managers, Business Analysts, and Business Users and Senior IT Management Groups is essential
- 2 years experience working within the Financial Services sector is desirable.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90916075