Are you an experienced consultant in public health, looking for a new challenge Service Care Solutions, a leading Adult Social Care provider across Merseyside, are recruiting on behalf of Knowsley Borough Council. This is a senior leadership role within the Health and Social Care Directorate and is to provide additional strategic leadership in Knowsley's response to COVID-19 and ensuring access to health care services, including recovery plans.Are you an experienced consultant in public health, looking for a new challenge Service Care Solutions, a leading Adult Social Care provider across Merseyside, are recruiting on behalf of Knowsley Borough Council. This is a senior leadership role within the Health and Social Care Directorate and is to provide additional strategic leadership in Knowsley’s response to COVID-19 and ensuring access to health care services, including recovery plans.
The role will also lead and establish a social sciences and behavioural insight approach to improving health outcomes recognising the added issues and complexity the COVID-19 pandemic has brought. This is a high profile programme of work that is supported at an executive level within the council.
The post holder will be required to work across the health and social care system, working in collaboration with national, regional and local organisations and communities to improve and protect health.
This is a full time, locum position with a pay rate of £53 hourly.
Some of the key duties and responsibilities
• Expert leadership in pandemic response, health protection and health care recovery work, reduction in health inequalities and health improvement. Respond to public health priorities as agreed with the DPH
• Lead and support the development and implementation of national, regional and local strategies and policies in relation to population health
• Where agreed, to be the lead consultant in specialist population health and health protection areas at cross-border level Actively engaging to shape the work of Cheshire and Merseyside Public Health Collaborative Champs and Cheshire and Merseyside Health Care Partnership Prevention Board and translating sub-regional work for successful local delivery.
• Develop strong working relationships with local NHS providers of acute, community and mental health services, to support the development, delivery and evaluation of evidence-based policies, strategies and services and designed to improve outcomes for residents, their families and carers.
• Line manage staff where required and provide project supervision of staff and specialty registrars.
• Manage budgets, contribute to the formulation of department/service budgets and financial initiatives and be a budget holder for a department service.
• Ensure quality improvement and clinical governance programmes are an integral component of the public health approach in the Council
• Pursue a programme of CPD, in accordance with Faculty of Public Health requirements, or other recognised body, and undertake revalidation or other measures required to remain on the GMC/GDC Specialist Register with a license to practice or the UK Public Health Specialist Register or other specialist register as appropriate
• Practise in accordance with all relevant sections of the General Medical Council’s Good Medical Practice if medically qualified
• Agree any external professional roles and the time required to deliver those roles with the Council
• This position is subject to a criminal records disclosure check
• This is a politically restrictive position
If you are interested in this role or any other Social Work roles or know anyone who may be please contact Natasha Ward on 01772 208964 or email@example.com.