Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Delivery Site Supervisor to join our Living Places business unit to work in Hereford.
- A member of the Delivery Team, reporting to the Delivery Manager, responsible for supporting delivery of New Assets associated with new developments.
- To provide on site supervision of both BBLP Operatives and 3rd party contractors
- To be responsible and accountable to the Delivery Team Leader for the construction of schemes.
- Ensure compliance with the legal and Balfour Beatty requirements concerning Safety, Health, Environment and Sustainability.
What you'll be doing
As a Delivery Site Supervisor, your main responsibilities are as follows:
- Work with members of the Design & Build group and Operations Team to improve construction safety
- Promote the principles of health and safety within the Herefordshire contract.
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement, through effective communication to all levels of staff involving open discussions, feedback and exchange of new ideas and best practice.
- Support the Delivery Team Team Leader, to help undertake reviews of the contract and BBLP business management systems and provide input to devise improvements to these systems.
- Ensure work meets the required standards for delivery inspections and audits to ensure the BBLP business complies with OHSAS18001, ISO14001 and ISO9001 standards and other Balfour Beatty standards.
- Participate and assist the Delivery Team Leader in the preparation of documentation and reports for the regular contract business reviews.
- Prepare and interpret statistical data for the delivery Team Leader to identify areas of business improvement and advice.
- Proactively respond to any finance queries raised.
- Ensure there is adequate day to day support for the Delivery Team and wider service operations.
- Help to improve H&S for operatives and the travelling public with respect to construction works.
- Undertake regular audits of construction schemes to verify service delivery and health and safety compliance on the contract.
- Promote a positive Health, Safety and Environmental management culture to achieve a target of zero incidents under the banners of Zero Harm, Zero-In and 20-20 Sustainability Vision or other Balfour Beatty safety and environment campaigns that may arise.
- Actively support the Delivery Team Leader to identify and promote best practice within the Design and Build Group.
- Provide advice and guidance to staff such that they are fully appraised and aware of their obligations concerning company, legislative and best practice, policies, procedures and practices.
- Provide short term cover and support as requested for staff who may be on annual, sick, or compassionate leave.
- Ensure sufficient service delivery information is available in the defence of 3rd party claims that may arise from incidents on the Herefordshire highway network.
- Maintain good working relationships with client officers, providing timely updates and information as requested.
- Ensure customer service and customer satisfaction levels meet the requirements of the Herefordshire Council and adhere to company service criteria.
- Establish appropriate quality and service standards for all customers and ensure that effective monitoring and control processes are implemented in order that performance is continually assessed.
- Support effective working relationships with other concessions, OpCo divisions, Group companies, suppliers and stakeholders to promote BBLP best practice.
- Interface with the BBLP Business Development teams in the support of bids including responding to specific safety questions.
Who we're looking for
The following qualities and experience are essential:
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Good presentation, influencing and motivation skills.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Desire to develop and is motivated to achieving targets.
- Good team worker and able to forge good working relationships with other teams.
- Flexible attitude and willingness to travel to multiple site locations.
- Ideally educated to HND/HNC level with good knowledge of construction
- Good experience and understanding of working on and off the public highway on construction sites.
- Good experience and understanding of construction methods, codes of practice,
- CDM regulations, and risk.
- PC Literate and knowledge of MS suite i.e. Word, Excel, etc.
- CSCS, SMSTS
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
The way we live our lives is changing fast: where and how we live, work, travel, shop, relax and socialise. The evolving nature of our society means we all need to shape our environment to meet a complex array of individual and collective needs.
Wherever investment in these environments is needed, Living Places works in partnership with Local Authorities to consult, finance, design, build and manage the essential place infrastructure that local communities and national economies need to prosper and grow.
We are right at the heart of a dynamic place shaping agenda that brings Local Authorities, local communities, Central Government, and the Private Sector together to create safe, sustainable, flexible and dynamic public spaces geared to community social need, economic growth and personal well-being as well as being environmentally sustainable.
The provision of maintenance services for highways is only a small part of what is really needed. Our focus has moved beyond the road to deliver the potential of the street: a dynamic public place that connects and combines local community and business needs, encourages social interaction and helps pedestrians, motorists, bus riders, and cyclists to coexist safely. Building great public spaces with resource efficient assets enables functional, flexible and inspirational places to be at the heart of the community.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.