EY Riverview Law supports in-house legal departments as they tactically and strategically evolve the way they provide legal and commercial support to their internal and external customers. We help companies to build an enhanced legal operating model that allows them to allocate legal work to the right teams, in the right place, at the right time - whether the work is undertaken in-house or by external providers.
EY Riverview Law services support business's goals, including centralization, compliance improvement, offloading of high-volume repetitive and standardized legal work tasks, for a better understanding and control of legal spend.
As a Commercial Solicitor, you willbe very much viewed as an extension of our clients in-house counsel. You would be taking ownership over a variety of our international key clients, responsible for providing dedicated commercial contracts advice, where you'll be advising, negotiating, reviewing and drafting all manners of commercial contracts.
Your key responsibilities
Advising, negotiating, reviewing and drafting covering but not limited to:
- All types of commercial contracts, including variations, assignments and the novation of existing agreements.
- Global procurement contracts (such as services, IT software, hardware, telecoms, etc.) under English law.
- Confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements.
- Any other industry specific contract types as may be required.
- Creating and implementing templates and processes.
- Performing legal and compliance due diligence analyses.
- Recording comprehensive, accurate and high-quality Management Information for customers.
- Ensuring the efficient and effective performance of all work, in compliance with all Service Level Agreements, Key Performance Indicators and other targets.
- Acting as point of escalation from junior team members for dealing with more complex legal issues, using experience, knowledge and judgement.
- Assisting with the compliance program including undertaking file audits.
- Developing and maintaining precedents, share know-how, drive positive, measurable change and engender a culture of continuous improvement throughout the organisation.
- Providing customer and service feedback and managing inbound service feedback as required.
- Being responsible for identifying issues, making recommendations and creating solutions.
- Ensuring that the corporate interests of EY Riverview are protected and enhanced within your respective area.
- Keeping the Legal Team Lead and/or Legal Manager regularly updated on all relevant matters.
- Undertaking any other reasonable duties as requested.
To qualify for the role, you must have;
- Qualified Solicitor in England & Wales
- Commercial Contracts Solicitor
- Commercially aware
- Drafting skills
- Ability to develop long standing relationships with existing clients
- Articulate, confident and fluent communication skills with a good level of oral and written English.
- A commercial / pragmatic approach to problem solving with a strong ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- Ability to work within a fast paced and flexible working environment.
I* *d eally, you'll also have
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- High quality and relevant post qualification legal experience.
- Ability to provide commercial, relevant and pragmatic legal advice.
- Demonstrable experience of successfully managing a large and varied caseload of legal work for blue chip customers.
- Proven ability to effectively work independently, set priorities, meet deadlines, and to manage multiple projects in an extremely fast paced start-up environment.
- Thorough knowledge of using legal software as a case management system and/or document management system, such as the Legal Services Platform.
- Advanced IT skills (Word Processing, Outlook, Spread sheets, and Internet).
- A proven ability to manage senior stakeholders.
- Ideally some experience of supervising others.
- Experience of negotiating contracts with blue chip companies.
What we look for
More than anything, EY Riverview Law is interested in people with the right attitude for the job.
Youll have the ability to provide commercial, relevant and pragmatic legal advice and be able to successfully manage a large and varied caseload of legal work for blue chip customers.
Youll have proven ability to effectively work independently, set priorities, meet deadlines, and to manage multiple projects in an extremely fast paced start-up environment.
Ability to spread positive work culture and teaming and live EY Riverview Law values.
What working at EY Riverview Law offers
At EY Riverview Law, we empower our people to ask clients better questions, constantly challenging through smart, disruptive ideas that prompt change and growth.
At EY Riverview Law, we can offer a competitive renumeration package where youll be rewarded for your individual and team performance.
About EY Riverview Law
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Riverview Law Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registered number 7650291 and is a member firm of Ernst & Young Global Limited. Our principal place of business and registered office is Hilbre, Riverside Park, Southwood Road, Bromborough, Wirral, CH62 3QX.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.