We have a fantastic opportunity for a customer focused, sales driven Store Manager to be based in our Slough Dunelm store
Successful Store Managers at Dunelm are those who love to trade their store, drive sales, develop colleagues and most importantly, have customers as their 1st, 2nd and 3rd priority.
Managing all of this along with 20,000+ products, 50+ colleagues within a tough trading industry isn’t for the fainthearted and is challenging particularly during peak trade and merchandising periods however is extremly rewarding for those who want it enough.
- Delivering strong sales, like for like growth and effective cost management through budget management and shrinkage
- Delivering a Customer First mentality through all aspects of retailing
- Maintaining high store standards through excellent merchandising
- Leading by example with up to 2 direct reports (Assistant Managers) and 50+ colleagues
- Identify talent and actively support internal development through succession planning and Personal Development Plans.
- Retail management experience (preferably in out-of-town retailing)
- Proven track record of maximising profit in a customer focused environment
- Commercial awareness of retail environment
- Ability to lead, coach and develop large store based teams
- Evidence of achieving KPIs and Scorecards
- Experience of Workload planning
We’ve come a long way in in the last 40 years, with over 160 stores UK wide and plans to open and grow even further meaning opportunities for personal growth isn’t hard to come by. Half our current Area Manager population have been promoted internally.
If all of the above along with the opportunity of working for UK’s number 1 Home Furnishings provider is for you, apply now!