BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Future Talent Consulting Summer Internship Recruitment for our 2021 Undergraduate Programmes will kick off in the new year, with our new virtual process. In the meantime, due to the volume of applications received, we still encourage you to submit your application at your earliest convenience. Placement Date:
June/September 2021 (12 weeks) Location:
London, Guildford or Gloucester Company Overview
BAE Systems Applied Intelligence helps nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cybercrime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations.
We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes - often collecting and analysing huge volumes of data. These, combined with our Cyber Special forces - some of the most skilled people in the world, enable us to defend against cyber-attacks, fraud and financial crime, enable intelligence-led policing and solve complex data problems.
We are obsessed about solving problems for our customers; we bring together great minds that face tough challenges on a daily basis, and are encouraged to make a difference. Role Profile
The role of a Consulting Summer Intern is to harness the expertise of our talented and highly experienced Consultants, to deliver a mixture of business and technical-related activities resulting in tangible outputs for our clients.
Our Future Talent Consultants are often the bridge between the business and technical delivery teams and operate across the full length of the project lifecycle, from helping to identify the problem and defining the solution, to implementing and managing the change required for our clients to reach their goals. Future Talent Consultants will learn the tools, techniques and approaches used by consulting professionals.
As a Consulting Intern, you could work across a number of disciplines or project roles within our business, these include: Business Consulting, Technical Consulting, Security Consulting, Data Consulting or Business Analysis. Project Role Descriptions Business Consultant
- As a Business Consultant your role may involve elements of defining a client's strategy, developing their future operating model and/or defining and supporting the client's organisational change. You will be involved throughout the full lifecycle of projects and programmes from early visioning and baselining activities through to a focus on sustainability, transition to business as usual and the delivery of benefits. Technical Consultant
- As a Technical Consultant you will help clients to solve complex problems, meeting their business needs with solutions appropriate to their business strategy that have a significant technology or information systems component. Cyber Security Consultant
- As a Cyber Security Consultant you will help clients clearly understand their exposure to cyber security threats/risks and put in place pragmatic and cost effective controls. Identify, manage and treat risk to a client's information and information technology assets. Data Scientist
- As a Data Scientist you will understand how to gain specific insight from data in order to address a business problem. You will creatively apply data science approaches to develop analytic results which turn data into information - information into knowledge and insights - and valuable, actionable insights into better decision making and game-changing strategies. Business Analyst
- As a Business Analyst you will work with our clients as part of a team to identify business issues or areas for improvement, capture requirements, develop and improve processes and support the development of business cases for future change. What to Expect on the Programme
BAE Systems Applied Intelligence is a fast paced and agile business. The more you put into the internship programme the more you will get out, building lasting professional relationships. As a summer intern you will be part of our Future Talent community, which will support and guide you throughout your time with us. It is not all work and no play, the Future Talent community regularly runs social events and activities for all to get involved with - including a Capture The Flag Event, Presentation Day and Internship Socials.
We would also encourage our interns to immerse themselves within their teams, who will be on hand to support you, providing on the job training, advice and networking opportunities. During your 12 weeks you will be given a stretch assignment, which will be a chance for you to work with other interns on a project outside the remit of your day to day work. What we offer
- £16,800 per annum (pro-rata)
- 5.5 days holiday plus the August bank holiday
- A mentor to support you during your 12 week programme
- Private medical insurance, life assurance and a discount scheme available to you while you're with us
- Individuals who demonstrate outstanding performance on the internship will be considered for a permanent Future Talent position on completion of their final year
- On track to achieve a 2:2 or above in any degree subject
- Eligible for Government SC Clearance: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Articulate, both verbally and in writing
- Objective and logical with an enquiring and creative mind
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Resilience under pressure
- Desire to learn
- Competence in Microsoft Office packages/ IT literate
Only those with the permanent and unrestricted right to live and work in the UK will be considered for a position within BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Due to the nature of our, work successful candidates for this role will be required to go through Government SC clearance prior to starting with us. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.