Catalent hires people with a passion to make a difference to the health of millions of people globally. Your expertise, coupled with Catalent's advanced technologies and collaboration with thousands of innovative pharmaceutical, biotech and healthcare companies, will help bring life-enhancing products to the people you know and love. Your talents, ideas and passion are essential to our mission; to develop, manufacture and supply products that help people live better, healthier lives. Interested in learning more about life at Catalent? Start here
The VP Strategic Partners is a senior commercial leadership role within the company that requires sophisticated sales techniques, a high level of c-suite relationship management, world-class strategic account management and a collaborative skill set. This position is responsible for building strategic relationships at the highest levels within a select group of pharmaceutical and biopharma customers, to drive growth and provide a world class customer experience. This role manages the senior-level relationships within those designated customers and drives the cross-selling activity of all sales staff, as well as directing all functional support (Science & Technology, Operations, Quality). The VP Strategic Partners is the overall owner of these critical relationships and leverages internal and external networks to build new and deeper connections while taking corrective measures to improve customer experiences.
This role requires an individual who has a deep understanding and significant experience in business development efforts. The VP, Strategic Customers is also accountable for organizing internal stakeholders and supporting functions, across the global Catalent organization, to ensure year over year growth of these selected customers. The leader will also drive specific, cross-Catalent initiatives including pipeline reviews and specific commercial and development business opportunities across Catalent's business units.
The role reports into the VP, Global Partners & Strategic Ventures and will also be a member Catalent's Senior Leadership team as well as the extended Sales & Marketing leadership team.
- Drive revenue growth through effective customer and business planning on a long-term, sustainable basis.
- Develop and maintain strategic customer plans for all designated accounts,
- Drive strategy for global customers, to expand and maximize the technologies and services utilized by customers within the assigned accounts
- Provide a deep understanding of customer dynamics and their growth strategy in order to maximize business opportunities and progress the relationship
- Manage customer senior relationships, by engaging a "top-to-top" approach with C-suite decision makers and lead global relationship governance.
- Collaborate with teams across the organization, to develop an understanding of key opportunities and business.
- Demonstrate executive presence and acumen; build strong relationships and develop relationships at the very highest levels
- Cultivate relationships with key customers which will help position Catalent for future business growth
- Fully assess Catalent's relationship strength with customer types and ensure full up-stream and down-stream customer penetration for all clients (e.g. R&D, Procurement, Marketing, Business Development, Commercial Business Units, External Manufacturing)
- Work to ensure cross-selling becomes a reality within the company, which produces tangible results
- Partner with Global VPBDs, VPGMs, Business Unit Presidents to ensure new opportunities are identified to expand both the breadth and depth of Catalent's offerings
- Align with the marketing team to ensure strategies are in place to drive clear differentiation of all Catalent's technology and service offerings
Education / Experience
- Requires a BS/BA required with MBA preferred.
- Minimum 10+ years in senior business development roles including contracting and negotiating experience, with relevant experience in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology or outsourcing market.
- Strong track record in the B2B setting
- Prior people leadership
- Excellent track record in delivering sustained growth and outstanding results
Possesses a unique blend of business development acumen, senior customer relationship management, and technical savvy:
- Demonstrated success in driving growth with successful commercial organizations
- Delivered strong track record of results, primarily in sales, marketing, business development and strategic account management
- A change agent who relishes a fast-paced, highly energized environment
- Excellent communicator - can capture the imagination of internal staff, executive leaders and customers alike. Able to communicate at all levels of the company with poise and polish
- Inclusive leader who demonstrates clear thinking and pragmatic decision-making at all times
- Works through complexity and ambiguity to drive clear strategic thinking
- Operates with the highest level of integrity and is a role model for Catalent's values
- A hands-on, down-to-earth leader, who naturally rolls up his/her sleeves to make things happen
- Strong problem-solver with well-developed analytical skills; strategic thinking; consumer & customer understanding; marketing program creativity; interpersonal skills; project management and financial management skills
- Demonstrated experience in market assessment, new product development and strategic customer analysis
- Enjoys spending time with customers to understand their challenges and find innovative solutions for the broader market
Catalent offers rewarding opportunities to further your career! Join the global drug development and delivery leader and help us bring over 7,000 life-saving and life-enhancing products to patients around the world. Catalent is an exciting and growing international company where employees work directly with pharma, biopharma and consumer health companies of all sizes to advance new medicines from early development to clinical trials and to the market. Catalent produces more than 70 billion doses per year, and each one will be used by someone who is counting on us. Join us in making a difference.
personal initiative. dynamic pace. meaningful work.Visit www.catalent.com/careers to explore career opportunities.
Catalent is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by sending an email, and confirming your request for an accommodation and include the job number, title and location to DisabilityAccommodations@catalent.com. This option is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability. Information received will be processed by a U.S. Catalent employee and then routed to a local recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the application or hiring process.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives: Catalent Pharma Solutions (Catalent) is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any Catalent employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Catalent. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.
Catalent = Catalyst + Talent
Your talents, ideas, and passion are essential to our mission: to develop, manufacture, and supply products that help people live better, healthier lives. Join us!
personal initiative. dynamic pace. meaningful work.
Catalent is the perfect place to grow your career if...
- You enjoy the fast pace of a start-up, but want the opportunities and stability of a growing, publicly traded company (Listed on NYSE: CTLT).
- You want meaningful work. From cough treatments to cancer-fighting drugs, biologics, and vitamins, we help develop, launch, and supply over 200 new products each year - more than any branded drug maker in the world!
- You want to plant your career in a growing company. Over the last five years, Catalent has re-invested more than $2 billion back into the company and its people.
- You are excited about learning, collaborating, and growing alongside a global diverse team. Our team of more than 11,000 comes to work every day ready to overcome new challenges with teamwork, advanced technologies, and a passion to deliver by putting patients first.
- You want to make a global impact! From North America to Europe, Asia to Latin America, we have innovative science and manufacturing teams who are looking for YOU!
- See how our teams are making a difference, while growing their careers and fulfilling our mission by putting patients first every day here.
Catalent is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by sending an email along with the job number and title to Jobs@catalent.com. This option is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability. Information received will be routed to a recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the application or hiring process.