Youll provide vital, specialist technical support and guidance to the Maintenance Engineering team. Its an excellent opportunity to hone your skills in your chosen discipline. Reporting to the Principal Technical Officer, youll enjoy a varied role, with the scope to make a big impact across diverse areas of work.
Your focus will be on careful analysis and quality control. Well look to you to manage the preparation of work and resource specifications, method statements and plans. Well also expect you to proactively check the quality of work thats delivered. Youll confirm assets are compliant to the highest standards. Youll carry out technical inspections, investigations and data analysis. Youll design, install, test and commission equipment. And youll sometimes take a hands-on role, both carrying out and supervising technical tasks, surveys and design work. Along the way, youll shape both your own ongoing development and that of others.
· Proven knowledge of technical support activities and techniques
· Experience and insight spanning maintenance processes, systems and standards
· Understanding of design requirements, processes and techniques
· Able to demonstrate, promote and embed safe working behaviours within the team
· Excellent communication skills, both in person and in writing
· Able to coach, influence and develop others
· Hold or be working towards and NVQ level 2 or 3 (or equivalent) in an engineering/leadership subject
· Able and willing to drive vehicles as required by business need
This role involves days, nights and weekend working, and is a safety critical role so subject to drug and alcohol testing and passing of the relevant medical assessment.