Teacher of MFL-Secondary School-Pontefract
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Supply
Date Posted: 9 Oct 2020
Closing date: 2 Nov 2020
Start date: ASAP
Curriculum Leader of MFL - (French and Spanish).
Teaching Personnel are currently supporting a friendly and supportive high school, based in Pontefract. The school is looking to add a Curriculum Leader of MFL to their progressive and supportive MFL Department ideally starting as soon as possible
The role will include coordinating and co-managing the delivery of MFL (French and Spanish) at KS3 and GCSE across year groups 7 to 11. You will support the Head of MFL to enhance provision and will get the chance to get involved with exciting project work throughout the year. Project work will include revising schemes of work and ensuring the curriculum is engaging to all learners alongside projects that support student attainment, well-being and engagement within the wider school. You’ll also lead by example, supporting learners to achieve to the best of their ability and you’ll enjoy that great feeling when your learners achieve grades beyond their dreams.
The Lead Practitioner will primarily support with curriculum and scheme of work review, ensuring that learners are engaged by the subject syllabus. You may also take lead on exciting provision methods such as: managing intervention groups and extended revision classes.
“The Academy Trust is a cross-phase Multi Academy Trust comprising of eight schools, six primaries and two 11 – 16 secondary schools. The Trust is a medium-sized family of schools all located within a tight geographic hub within Pontefract. Pupils are drawn from the local community that includes a mix of different catchment areas.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, hardworking and committed Curriculum Leader of MFL to join the School. This candidate will be responsible for strategically leading the direction and development of the curriculum area, raising standards of student attainment and achievement, and strategically planning for improvement by managing and deploying all financial and physical resources within the curriculum area.”
The school is offering:
• A super supportive and highly visible SLT team and Headteacher;
• on-going CPD with programmes of study such as NPQML and MA in Educational Leadership
• progression support throughout the school and wider group
• support package for NQT’s/RQT’s including CPD and NQT mentorship;
• the chance to take on further responsibility such as Leadership roles in the future.
The school expects:
• A UK teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE, SCITT, BEd or MEd with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• a relevant MFL Degree or a related subject
• experience of delivering MFL (French and Spanish) up to GCSE pushing and engaging learners to progress within the subject
• experience supporting your existing Head of Department with curriculum and scheme of work review to enhance student engagement
• a love and passion for education.
Please apply below if you are interested in this role or contact Jenna at email@example.com for more information
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.