Type: Fixed term/ Full time/40 hours per week
Summary of Role:
We are currently looking for an Assistant Buyer to join our vibrant ecommerce business on a fixed term basis, to cover maternity leave. Working as part of the Buying Team, you will be responsible for raising purchase orders, monitoring orders and receipt of goods and maintaining good credit with suppliers through timely payment and excellent communication. This is an interesting role in a bright and personable team.
As this is a maternity cover, the ideal candidate will have good, recent experience in a similar role. Due to range expansion, this placement may lead to a permanent role for the right candidate.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Raise and issue purchase orders and ensure timely delivery of stock to the appropriate warehouse.
* Monitor the progression of purchase orders and chase/update as required.
* Maintain inter departmental relationships with excellent communication and first-rate customer service.
* Forecast requirements of stock.
* Update in house stock management systems.
* Remain updated on sales and promotions and assess stock levels in line with demand.
* Negotiate and maintain excellent relationships with suppliers.
* Communicate with internal departments to resolve product and supplier related issues.
* Recent experience in a similar role.
* A sharp eye for detail.
* Able to prioritise workload and work systematically, highly organised.
* Very good level of numeracy.
* Excellent communicator, pleasant manner, team player.
Not essential but advantageous:
* CIPS qualification
* Competitive salary with annual salary reviews
* Generous annual leave
* Genuine potential for career progression and training with clear development objectives and support
* Death in service insurance
* Annual flu vaccination
* Access to GP and mental health counselling
* Staff recognition scheme
* Cycle to work scheme
* Free parking with easy access to rail and bus routes
* Fun and exciting social and team building events
* An intelligent, good humoured and modern thinking work force
* Generous long service cash rewards from 5 years of service
To continue your application please send your CV by clicking "APPLY"